• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Do NR/Northern not know that Knutsford has a ticket machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

notlob.divad

Established Member
The station facilities of the national rail website is woefully out of date.

It is one of the very few things where Wikipedia is a significantly more accurate source of information.

My local station was totally overhauled 9 years ago at a cost of £6 Million. Including brand new waiting rooms, toilets a cafe. and a total overhaul of the carpark.

Yet the National Rail website still claims:
there are 0 disabled parking spaces. (An Ariel photo shows there are 6)
there are no toilets. (There are, I have used them, and no it isn't running behind a tree)
there are no waiting rooms. (No definitely sat inside when I was waiting for a train last week)
No bike storage shelter. Yes we have one of those, but National Rail don't know.
It claims disabled access to platform 2 is via steep ramps and a subway when that has long been blocked off and a new pedestrian bridge installed.

However, it isn't that they just haven't updated the site as the station map is pretty accurate including all of the items they claim the station doesn't have, and it does include both the ticket machine and the bike hire.

TBH I think national rail enquires need to take on some enthusiastic work experience students to ask the stations to provide them with the correct information and then update the websites.

pdeaves

Established Member
It's a common problem. Some new feature is enthusiastically put on a site, then the enthusiasm wanes and no one keeps it up to date. It's a shame when the information could be very useful.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Wasn't it assumed at once stage that the firm that photographed all the information for 'stations made easy' was never contracted to deal with any future new stations, upgrades or changes?

notlob.divad

Established Member
What I equally find annoying is the TOC just copying verbatim the information from national rail enquires. As they are the ones who run the stations and have a presence on some (not all) day in day out, you would have thought they would not only be in the prime position to flag up mistakes, but also have a sense of pride that the information they provided on their own website was correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.