• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Do TfL-contracted services feature the operator's name anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

py_megapixel

Established Member
i.e.
  • Do London Overground trains/stations/uniforms have any Arriva Rail London branding?
  • Do Crossrail trains/stations/uniforms have any MTR branding?
  • Do DLR trai... you get the idea!
  • and so on.

I know they don't have big logos like the buses do, but is there anywhere that the brand names do appear? For example, in the small print on signs, on or staff uniforms for example?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
  • Do London Overground trains/stations/uniforms have any Arriva Rail London branding?
  • Do Crossrail trains/stations/uniforms have any MTR branding?
The private companies used to have their own uniforms but moved to a variant of the LU uniform (but in different colours) a few years ago. I have also seen the odd few Overground staff with name badges bearing the private company name rather than the "London Overground" one worn by most staff. The latter could however have been in Lorol days; can't remember when it was.

sharpinf

As Mojo says my experience is that it is kept very hidden, the only thing I can think of may be Staff IDs - though I did see this on my journey recently at Willesden Junction that must have slipped through the 'TfL Branding' net!

PXL_20210109_001548265.MP~2.jpg
Image shows a train departure board saying "Welcome to Willesden Junction" with a large Arriva Rail London logo below

galwhv69

A few tram drivers may still have First branded uniform? I know that First branding is definitely visible in the depot & depot signs at Therepia Lane but don't think that counts

matt_world2004

Established Member
The lanyards of tfl rail staff have a MTR Crossrail logo and it says the same on their badge I think.

iphone76

The lanyards of tfl rail staff have a MTR Crossrail logo and it says the same on their badge I think.
Our ID cards and lanyards are MTR branded, but the name badges have the roundel and say TfL Rail.

I'm not sure the station staff in uniform actually have the lanyards due to the MTR branding. I know we only got them begrudgingly. They are very strict on the uniform/branding side for passenger facing staff.

rpjs

The DLR had a modest of amount of Serco branding on some signage back when they ran it, but the last time I travelled on it is well over a decade ago so I don't know if that practice carried over to Keolis when they took over.

Cdd89

Established Member
I’ve definitely seen Keolis branding on the DLR (I can’t recall where), and the CGL Rail logo is quite widespread too (eg Cutty Sark) though that’s arguably not quite the same.

sharpinf

I’ve definitely seen Keolis branding on the DLR (I can’t recall where), and the CGL Rail logo is quite widespread too (eg Cutty Sark) though that’s arguably not quite the same.

This reminded me that in Summer of 2018 I went on one of the "DLR Discovery Tours" that were run to Greenwich, checking some of the items in the Goody Bag a few did mention Keolis

PXL_20210116_135515437._exported_1610805988473.jpg
Image shows an Oyster Wallet, Pin Badge and Folding Leaflet all with Keolis Amey Branding as well as DLR Branding

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.