• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Do the general public care about Pacers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pemma

Veteran Member
With regard to 142s, what type of seating are ATW's fleet fitted with? It's not my part of the world and when I was last able to use such services (many moons ago!) I had only 143s, which had Richmond or similar seating similar to the GWR units and Northern's 144s. Are the 142s similarly fitted?

Same type of seats as the ATW 150s but without the armrests or tables.

Or - same type of seats as the ex-FNW 150s or c2c 357s but in 2+2 formation.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fowler9

Established Member
I was on 142049 on the 13:26 Lime Street to Oxford Road before. A girl got on with her mates before we left Lime Street and said "My god this looks like it hasn't been done up since the 60's or 70's".

sprinterguy

Established Member
Can't say the 144 I rode the other day was any better than a 142. Ride was equally awful. Seats were marginally better though than a 142.
I think that the 144s are much better; the Richmond seats, the same as fitted to the ex-Northern Spirit 156s, are a great improvement on anything fitted to any of Northerns' 142 fleet, and IMO they generally seem much more solidly put together.

Status
Not open for further replies.