• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Do you have a railcard?

Do you have a railcard?

• No

• 16-17

• 16-25

• Disabled Person's

• Senior

• Two Together

• Family and Friends

• Network

• 26-30

• HM Forces

• Greater Anglia Club 50

• Scotrail Club 50

• Any Priv / staff travel

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mmh

Established Member
Just curious to see what sort of proportion there is. If you have more than one, choose the one you use more, or would ordinarily use.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David57

I have a Senior Railcard, which expires in April 2022,and am now eligable for a Disabled Railcard, which I will use from then, due to the better terms of use.

eastwestdivide

Established Member
The poll doesn't let you pick two if you have two different railcards. I know you said choose the one you use more, but I think that's a flawed approach.
Does the poll system not let you use checkboxes instead of radio buttons?

mmh

Established Member
The poll doesn't let you pick two if you have two different railcards. I know you said choose the one you use more, but I think that's a flawed approach.
Does the poll system not let you use checkboxes instead of radio buttons?

Apologies, I deliberately made it a single choice poll as I find multiple selection polls confusing when wishing to compare results - e.g. they allow you to select No and another option.

skifans

Apologies, I deliberately made it a single choice poll as I find multiple selection polls confusing when wishing to compare results - e.g. they allow you to select No and another option.
They have their uses though in situations like this where people will have multiple answers.

Personally I've for 3:

16-25

Two Together (worth while just based on getting the other person 1/3rd off who wouldn't otherwise be eligible for any railcard)

Dales Railcard (worth it for the winter offers and earlier start)

D365

Veteran Member
As it happens, this thread has just reminded me that I need to renew my 16-25!

Alex365Dash

None at the moment.
Had a 16-25 Railcard (bought it just before the 16-17 Saver came out), but let it expire and didn't renew it. Was planning to buy a 16-17 Saver for my 17th, but 2020 happened. Given the amount of time I would end up having the 16-17 Saver for, I'll probably just get a 16-25 Railcard renewal anyway.

ChrisC

Established Member
I have a 3 year Senior Railcard which expires in April 2022. I used it very regularly up until my last trip in February this year but haven’t used it since. If it had been the one year version I wouldn’t have renewed it in April. Hopefully during the next few months I will begin to use it again.

JamesT

Established Member
The only railcard I’d be eligible for is the Network one, but the vast majority of my rail journeys are outside the area so it’s not worth it.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
I ve a two together as my partner and I usually find one lengthy trip pays it's way and then the rest of its validity is a bonus

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I've got an Annual Gold Card (the Hatton to Lapworth version) purely for the benefits as well as a Network Railcard.

bearhugger

I have a Two Together railcard now the kids have grown up and flown the nest. When they were younger I had the Family & Friends railcard.

mmh

Established Member
Option for priv / staff travel added to the poll options. Thank you to the member who kindly suggested it!

jfollows

Established Member
I do not have a railcard because my Two Together railcard expired in April. Ordinarily I would have renewed it, but under the current circumstances I will buy a new one as/when it becomes useful again, in other words when I save money through its purchase. I haven't travelled by train since March 8th. (using the railcard which has now expired) and March 12th. (on my own). I now drive to occasional appointments for which I would previously have used the train, in the first place thanks to the dreadful publicity essentially telling me not to travel by train if I could possibly avoid having to do so, and more recently because I've discovered the relatively pleasant lack of heavy traffic.

RJ

Established Member
Just the Priv and a few staff passes for now. I'd get a 26-30 if I suddenly had a need to buy Plusbus tickets. Pity it doesn't work with Sleeper fares.

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
If Staff Travel Card discounts are included (rather than the original spec of railcards...) presumably you also need to include the Gatwick Airport Staff Discount, Surrey County Council Concessionary Scheme, Leicester and Leicestershire ENCTS card discount, FIP 50% off, Dales Railcard, Jobcentre Plus Discount Card, Valleys Senior Railcard, Oyster 16-18 Photocard, EASIT discount... and perhaps a couple of hundred more? Just the list of local authority concessions alone is longer than the one you've already got.

Mathieu

I have a 16-25 and also have one that is not listed, Highland Railcard.

Status
Not open for further replies.