• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Do you need a photo for a Senior Railcard and Family Railcard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Grandma said that she is planning to buy a Senior Railcard and/or Family Railcard, I told her you need a photo for your railcard but she told me "you don't need a photo for a railcard as the form didn't say you need a photo, I told her have a photo my 16-25 railcard but she refused to listen to me,

Is that true you need a photo for a railcard?,

My sister said me "Grandma will have a shock when she goes to the railway station and the staff tell her you need a photo for a railcard"

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GadgetMan

No photo required for Senior or Family railcard.

16 - 25 Railcard and 2 Together railcards are the only ones that require a photo. Not seen a new Job Centre card but they used to have photo on too although may not be classed as a railcard.

MKD

One point is that they nearly always seem to have a 10% off code on their website for online purchases:
http://www.senior-railcard.co.uk/online
Currently says to end of Aug, but had said to end of Jun & Jul previously when was looking to renew folks cards (btw it won't let you renew until c30 days before a previous one expires, though the online doesn't spell it out).
And Tesco Clubcard deals usually include a SRC offer too.
MKD

Status
Not open for further replies.