• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Do you regret the choice you made in the EU Referendum?

What was your vote in the EU referendum and do you regret the choice you made?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbornite

Established Member
It goes without saying that there's been a number of threads regarding the EU. This one is primarily concerned with whether or not you regret the vote you made in the referendum, and whether or not you would vote differently in the unlikely event of another referendum on EU membership as this issue has been raised in the media.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mutant Lemming

Established Member
The response of the autocratic elite of Brussels, our own pathetic politicians, the fawning well-off 'luvvies' have all made me absolutely sure I was right to vote out.
Stopping it, having a re-run or any other gerrymandering of the outcome will be tantamount to Lenin's decision to abandon the elections because the Mensheviks won or Hitler's decision to ban opposition parties - I look at as being on a par with both those as it will be the end of any semblance of democracy in this country.

Harbornite

Established Member
It seems that none of the 18 voters in the poll have regretted their choice. I wonder if this trend will continue?

richw

Veteran Member
At the time of the vote I was 70/30 in, from some of the EU leaders hideous comments, and also merkel, Obama, both president candidates and French president all saying they see it important to remain good with the UK, all of which we were led to believe would put us to the back of the queue, I've dropped to around 55:45 to staying in.

GarethJohn

I think you would be better off asking the Unions that backed Brexit.
.Are they happy they backed UKIP & Right wing Union hating Tories? Did you go with them?
I see Remainers on Railuk done a fine job of convincing as loudly as they could into antagonise waivers slightly on the Brexit side and convince them to stay that way beyond all doubt.

Gutfright

It seems that none of the 18 voters in the poll have regretted their choice. I wonder if this trend will continue?

One regret now. A supposed Remainian saying they would choose Brexit.

Might be genuine, we have no way of knowing. The poll is somewhat open to abuse (remain voters could pretend to be Brexit voters who changed their minds, and vice versa).

Antman

Established Member
The response of the autocratic elite of Brussels, our own pathetic politicians, the fawning well-off 'luvvies' have all made me absolutely sure I was right to vote out.
Stopping it, having a re-run or any other gerrymandering of the outcome will be tantamount to Lenin's decision to abandon the elections because the Mensheviks won or Hitler's decision to ban opposition parties - I look at as being on a par with both those as it will be the end of any semblance of democracy in this country.

If there was the remotest justification for a rerun wouldn't David Cameron be shouting about it from the rooftops? Even he hasn't sunk that low!

richw

Veteran Member
One regret now. A supposed Remainian saying they would choose Brexit.

Might be genuine, we have no way of knowing. The poll is somewhat open to abuse (remain voters could pretend to be Brexit voters who changed their minds, and vice versa).

Clicking on the number of voters at the end of each result will reveal who voted which options.

Domh245

Established Member
Clicking on the number of voters at the end of each result will reveal who voted which options.

And I note that the person who claims to have voted in but would vote out is in fact someone who revealed that he isn't registered to vote, and seems convinced that there is some conspiracy to stop him voting.

On a similar note, there is a 14 year old who claims to have voted to remain...

Haydn1971

Established Member
Voted remain, only regret I have is not working harder to educate the people on what the vote actually was actually about - so many folks seem to think it's a bit of a laugh and well, nothing's happened has it - face palm

dgl

Established Member
Voted remain and most definitely don't regret it, only regret is that there was a vote in the first place.

Sent from my Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

WestCoast

Established Member
In the absence of any sort of clear plan from the Brexiters, I would vote to remain even if 300 referenda were held. ;) I'd also campaign strongly to join the EEC.

Last edited:

Harbornite

Established Member
And I note that the person who claims to have voted in but would vote out is in fact someone who revealed that he isn't registered to vote, and seems convinced that there is some conspiracy to stop him voting.

Good points there.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
He did - in the school mock referendum.

I should have made it clear that the poll was concerning the actual referendum. I don't care about mocks because they mean stuff all.

richw

Veteran Member

I just clicked through all the profiles of all voters in this poll just to look at ages!

Didn't spot the 14 year old, but other posts seem to identify who that is.

Around 50% of polled who opted to remain have ages on their profile, and of that 50% all are in their 20s.

Carlisle

Established Member

Not quite as simple as that ,I could organise a referendum requesting child killers all be thrown into a cage of lions , it could possibly be successful,but doesn't mean it's the right thing to do, and anyway Hitler was actually elected to power so had a perfectly clear mandate from the people of his country to do exactly what he thought was best :D

Last edited:

Busaholic

Veteran Member
A member of my own family has now admitted she regrets being one of the 20% of Lambeth voters to vote Leave, and that was before she even knew how I'd voted!

I'm off to make my fortune flogging badges with the message 'Don't blame me, I voted Remain' which I might even have the courage to wear next time I'm in London.

Harbornite

Established Member
I see we have one brexiter who apparently regrets voting that way. I wonder if they will say why.

me123

Established Member
I voted in, and I would most definitely vote the same way again.

It was blatantly obvious that the Leave campaign had no vision for what "Brexit" would actually entail, and it was blatantly obvious that their campaign was based on, frankly, lies. And this is now being exposed. As things stand now, the country has no real leadership. The country has no idea what is going to happen over the next few years. The constitutional arrangements within the country are up in the air. Our relationship with our neighbours has been damaged, perhaps beyond repair in some cases. The markets are volatile. Many skilled EU workers (net contributors) are considering leaving these shores. We're receiving praise from the likes of Trump, Le Pen and Wilders. Farage has a big grin on his face. (That last one shouldn't be taken too seriously).

I ask those who would still vote to leave; is this really what you wanted? It seems to me to be nothing short of chaos.

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
Oh but you've got the likes of wee Nicola refusing to accept the vote. She has now lost two referendums and spat the dummy out like a spoilt brat.

I'm guessing she doesn't know the meaning of democracy? 62% of Scots voted to remain, but this wasn't a Scotland only vote and unfortunately she doesn't seem to grasp this. Also as well she keeps on blaming England for pulling Scotland out of the EU, does she also forget that Wales also voted leave?

What's done is done, and she needs to forget about IndyRef2 for the foreseeable as this country is already divided enough and her starting this nonsense about another referendum just adds fuel to the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.