• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie babs

Do you have a certain side of the bed you sleep on and when you go away do you keep to the same side.

If so why?

Do you snore on one side and not the other, do you sleep nearest the door or nearest the toilet. Do you end up on a different side from the one you started on.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rail-britain

Established Member
I sleep on the topside, the mattress underneath you is more comfortable than the divan resting on top of you

Eagle

Established Member
My bed is only 83 centimetres wide... there are no sides.

I'm yet to share it with anyone (long-distance relationship :roll:) so I'm not sure whether or not I'll end up against the wall when I do.

Established Member
Do you have a certain side of the bed you sleep on and when you go away do you keep to the same side.

Not so much sleeping on a certain side, but I always get into bed at home from the same side, despite it being the furthest from the door and there being nothing on the other side of the bed.

I'm sometimes like that away from home, but not always.

If so why?

Apparently I may have OCPD, but I've never had anything diagnosed, so I don't know.

newbie babs

Eagle

Lets hope he can`t walk through walls or hover. lol

I sleep nearest the door, even in a single bed I face the door to go to sleep

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
I sleep on the right at home in the main bedroom.When we decorated the room and moved into another bedroom I slept on the left. In hotels, I sleep on the side nearest the bathroom!

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
In the middle regardless of bed type, have to face the ceiling too, I can't sleep on my side that well.

Hydro

Established Member
Almost always on the right side of the bed, regardless of walls, doors, bathrooms, anything.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I have a double bed everywhere I live/have lived and always sleep on the same side of that bed, which is based upon whichever side the alarm clock is.

Eagle

Established Member
I have a double bed everywhere I live/have lived and always sleep on the same side of that bed, which is based upon whichever side the alarm clock is.

Fatal error there... I find that if the alarm clock is within reach I'll never get out of bed. Mine lives on my desk.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
As someone who enjoys mornings and has the radio for my alarm I do not find this an issue. In any case, getting out of bed to cancel an alarm would make no difference to me if I wanted to go back to sleep as I'd get back into bed.

Hydro

Established Member
I'm the same as Eagle. In hotels I put my phone (which has the alarm set) on the room desk so I have to get up to turn it off. Otherwise I mash the snooze button and end up having about 10 minutes to get showered, dressed, fed and off to work.

newbie babs

I am so sad I wake up without an alarm at 6am every morning, even weekends.

90019 my son has 3 different alarms as he finds getting up difficult but he always sleeps on his back (well apart from when he is drunk)

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
From the perspective of standing at the foot of the bed facing the headboard I sleep on the right hand side. And I usually sleep on my right hand side, thus facing into the middle of the bed.

The main problem is I quite often find I have to squeeze onto the very edge of the bed because the wife has taken about 80% the space for herself - one of the hazards of going to bed about 3 hours after she does!!! Still, it's tucked in nice and tight so I don't either get my feet tangled up in the duvet or get cold air all down my back.

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
I just sleep on the side I feel most comfortable. If I'm in a hotel room with a double bed then I usually just sleep in the middle of it :D

Ivo

Established Member
An interesting question! Whenever I am at home, I use my mother's bed whenever she is working nights, and sleep in the middle of her double. Roomy! :D Until a cat jumps on anyway! <(:lol:<(

Otherwise, it's singles only for me. I can't help but feel that if I ever did share a bed with someone I would be on the left though; this was for instance true the one time my niece crept into bed with me! :D

I do not sleep on my front, but otherwise can do either side or back. The back is the norm though.

SS4

Established Member
I usually sleep away from wall near the edge. This makes it easier to get out of bed using gravity - simply falling out

Hydro

Established Member
The main problem is I quite often find I have to squeeze onto the very edge of the bed because the wife has taken about 80% the space for herself

-nods head slowly in agreement-

My next flat will have the biggest bed I can feasibly afford to avoid such calamities with my missus. At the moment she's lumbered with a 3/4 sized bed and my God does it make life uncomfortable when I'm around hers. She ends up with 3/4 of the 3/4 bed, and muggins here gets left with the remainder. I always end up with a trapped nerve after a while because I lie on my side against the wall and can't move. Agony for a couple of days.

Minilad

Established Member
I have the left hand side always. Unless I am in the doghouse then I get the whole of the settee to myself !!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
An interesting question! Whenever I am at home, I use my mother's bed whenever she is working nights, and sleep in the middle of her double. Roomy! :D Until a cat jumps on anyway! <(:lol:<(

Otherwise, it's singles only for me. I can't help but feel that if I ever did share a bed with someone I would be on the left though; this was for instance true the one time my niece crept into bed with me! :D

I do not sleep on my front, but otherwise can do either side or back. The back is the norm though.

:o wow

mbonwick

Established Member
I don't set off on any particular side of the bed, but I always seem to end up on the side nearest a wall...

I nearly always end up sleeping on my right side too, I just can't drift off on my left or back.

gnolife

Established Member
Bed? What is this bed thing?
I sleep in a sleeping bag on the floor. This is because I prefer to sleep on harder surfaces - I have trouble sleeping in a bed.

Wyvern

Established Member
I have slept on my right side (left side of the bed) through twentyfive years of marriage and thereafter.

The situation now is I simply cant get comfortable on my left and my nose bungs up, but I need to lie on that side because of chronic acid reflux. I havent had a full nights sleep for months. <(<(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.