• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
-nods head slowly in agreement-

My next flat will have the biggest bed I can feasibly afford to avoid such calamities with my missus. At the moment she's lumbered with a 3/4 sized bed and my God does it make life uncomfortable when I'm around hers. She ends up with ¾ of the ¾ bed, and muggins here gets left with the remainder. I always end up with a trapped nerve after a while because I lie on my side against the wall and can't move. Agony for a couple of days.

Be warned, then, that when I say I sometimes find only 20% the space available to me, it's already a King Size bed...:roll:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Eng274

I'm the same as Eagle. In hotels I put my phone (which has the alarm set) on the room desk so I have to get up to turn it off. Otherwise I mash the snooze button and end up having about 10 minutes to get showered, dressed, fed and off to work.

I am like that as well! I used to have two alarms (phone plus a clock) in case I switched one off completely, and they sit on the other side of the room so the shock of the cold wakes me up before I crawl on all fours back into bed.

I generally sleep on the side closest to the door, regardless of where I am - a habit I found most useful throughout my teenage years :lol:

YorkshireBear

Established Member
I sleep anywhere on my own. But when i sleep with girlfriend i sleep on the side nearest the door. Usually on my side to avoid the kicks that im snoring.

I sleep on the left, and usually lie on my stomach. I presume that is how my mother put me in my cot as a baby (very un-PC these days).

I find it very hard to fall asleep on my back, and I am told that I snore in that position.

If we stay in a hotel, I will continue to sleep on the left out of habit.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I am so sad I wake up without an alarm at 6am every morning, even weekends.

I remember waking up automatically at 5.15 each morning without an alarm when I had two hours' commute each way. Nothing bad about it. Shows the amount of dedication. Can't do that now since going back to university and becoming a student again.

I usually sleep away from wall near the edge. This makes it easier to get out of bed using gravity - simply falling out

You're not the only one. :lol: I even do that at the moment with a single bed.

When in a relationship, it's always the opposite as I very rarely need the toilet at night and absolutely hate being trodden on at 5am.

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
What a random idea for a thread. :lol:
I am so sad I wake up without an alarm at 6am every morning, even weekends.
Same, regardless of the conditions I wake up around 6 - 6:30am even if it's the middle of the holidays and without an alarm. Call me odd but I don't like staying in bed, as soon as I wake up (unless it's a ridiculous time!) I like to get out of bed. The latest I've ever lied-in is 8 in the morning (and that's only after a couple of days of very late nights.

sprinterguy

Established Member
After thinking about it, it would seem that I have a predelection for sleeping on the right hand side of the bed, regardless of the layout of the room. I generally sleep on my right side, unfortunately facing away from the missus, because the air is cooler facing out from the bed, and because of my bad left shoulder as if I ever sleep on my left side I tend to end up with it out of joint or trapping a nerve, which can be agony for a couple of days.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Same, regardless of the conditions I wake up around 6 - 6:30am even if it's the middle of the holidays and without an alarm. Call me odd but I don't like staying in bed, as soon as I wake up (unless it's a ridiculous time!) I like to get out of bed. The latest I've ever lied-in is 8 in the morning (and that's only after a couple of days of very late nights.
I'm a big fan of mornings. I like to be up and about as soon as possible. When I was younger, I used to automatically wake up at 7am no problem, though this has now slipped to 8, unless I've had a few to drink the night before and only went to bed really late (to the extent where it's more early morning than late night), when I'll wake up somewhat later.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Having only single beds at my disposal I sleep surprsingly enough on the centre of the bed. When I have slept in a double then I again tend to sleep fairly centrally on the bed (unless I'm sharing in which case I sleep on whatever side they don't want). I also tend to fall asleep on my side, that seems most comfortable for me but I can fall asleep on my back.

As for getting up I'm a night owl and there are no two ways about it. I'm much happier staying up until 2/3 in the morning and then getting up at 11/12 than going to bed early and getting up early. Having said that I don't like getting up much later than 12 as otherwise I feel like I've missed out on too much of the day (or at this time of year missed out on daylight!).

newbie babs

I am a night owl till 1am and then I still wake at 6am, hate to stay n bed unless I am ill and then I get up for 8am.

I just don`t need a lot of sleep

Rachie88

Ive always got to sleep on the side of the bed thats furthest from the door i really dont like sleeping near the door strnage i know but i like being furthest away lol :lol:

Michael.Y

Established Member
I sleep standing up in an alcove, like the Borg.

Nah I'm joking. I'm on the right of the bed, if you're lying on your back, staring at the ceiling.

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
This is how much of a loony I am...I've even slept on a 142 stopper between Manchester V and Rochdale.

12CSVT

Established Member
If I've been watching TV late at night I have been known to kip the night in the armchair. Usually happens about 2 or 3 times a month.

Heinz57

I perfer to sleep facing away from the window.

I got out of bed wrong side this morning. Because I smashed all my face against the wall! :lol::lol:

Sorry :p

newbie babs

I ended up at the bottom this morning with my cat on my pillow at the top... who does she think she is taking liberties like that

Status
Not open for further replies.