• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dodgy December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Some nice photos in there. :D

Talking of 60066, do you know what happened to it on Saturday? Captured it behind 66056 on the Robeston-bound tanks through Newport at 212x, was a little surprised to see that. I suspected a failure, but can't have been too bad if she's back out.

EE Type 3

Established Member
Some nice photos in there. :D

Talking of 60066, do you know what happened to it on Saturday? Captured it behind 66056 on the Robeston-bound tanks through Newport at 212x, was a little surprised to see that. I suspected a failure, but can't have been too bad if she's back out.

Couldn't have been anything too major, even if it was Margam have a nack of getting tugs back out quick.

Thanks for the comments Jules :)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Aye, might just have been a loss of fuel or the cold getting to her. As I say, good to see her back out on her own.

Gotta say, that shot of the DVT passing Nunney Castle looks bizarre. Two completely different timezones coming into contact with each other!

EE Type 3

Established Member
I'd have never, ever, ever thought I would see a Castle being passed by a DVT, at Shrewsbury of all places. Gotta love privatisation :)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Indeed, much like I never thought I'd see a Class 03 shunter anywhere near a HST on a preserved line. Changed that back in May!

So many things I never thought would happen back in 2005 have happened now. So unreal how things change.

DVTs though in Shrewsbury, got to be one of those things I never expected to ever see either. Looked too bizarre, as if it took the wrong peg at Wolverhampton or Crewe :lol:

JoshW1992

Established Member
Cant wait to go back there, Only got an hour or less on the station when we got there on the Castle.

Nice shots, and I'm still frothing over your shot of 5029 in the station in your November collection. My word, what a loco! No diesel will ever be able to compete with the mighty Nunney Castle! Fact lol :D

Techniquest

Veteran Member
But can she out-do 7802 Bradley Manor?

That pair of Halls down in Bristol last summer were ****in' 'ellfire too.

EE Type 3

Established Member
But can she out-do 7802 Bradley Manor?

She could easily take 7802 on, and win, but Bradley Manor is much, much, much more entertaining, and noisier :)

I won't be leaving Shropshire soon, Container traffic out of TIRP, Fastline to Ironbridge, 57s on Holydiffs, 67s on WSMRs, and 97s on the Cambrian Coast. Heaven :)

JoshW1992

Established Member
I've only had Nunney Castle and Kinlet Hall, so I wouldnt know. I tell you what though. Those single blastpipe GWR locos are absolutely outstandingly hellfire! Not even a 37 could put on such an amazing performance!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
She could easily take 7802 on, and win, but Bradley Manor is much, much, much more entertaining, and noisier :)

I won't be leaving Shropshire soon, Container traffic out of TIRP, Fastline to Ironbridge, 57s on Holydiffs, 67s on WSMRs, and 97s on the Cambrian Coast. Heaven :)

I should hope she could take on 7802, after all Castles were more of an express loco than Manors AIUI.

Where, out of curiosity, is TIRP?

And the Holydiffs, love that term!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I've only had Nunney Castle and Kinlet Hall, so I wouldnt know. I tell you what though. Those single blastpipe GWR locos are absolutely outstandingly hellfire! Not even a 37 could put on such an amazing performance!

Conversely, I've never had Nunney Castle. I might have had Kinlet Hall, doesn't ring a bell though.

But yes, GWR steam locos are much more interesting to my eye too.

TIRP = Telford International Railfreight Park (or Terminal)

It's in Donnington, North Telford. The line between Donnington and Wellington has been rebuilt and the terminal will be operational in 2009. I'm sure Mr Dawson will be able to tell you more about it!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Ah, I thought the junction had been done up when I went over it in August. That terminal was showing in my atlas as proposed, so good to see it's going to open.

EE Type 3

Established Member
TIRP = Telford International Railfreight Park (or Terminal)

It's in Donnington, North Telford. The line between Donnington and Wellington has been rebuilt and the terminal will be operational in 2009. I'm sure Mr Dawson will be able to tell you more about it!

Spot on, the park has been built next to the MoD base at Donnington. It'll be run by J G Russell, 5 trains a day has been mentioned. It's also been mentioned that DRS are bringing 47s back for this work, how close to the truth that is I don't know.

I made up the Holydiff thing the other day, I like it too :razz:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Wouldn't be an expensive model set to complete that at least! A DVT, 3 MK3s and a 67, much cheaper than 2 HST power cars and 8 trailers to go with!

CraigS

Established Member
I just hope they do a model off that set 8-)

Dapol are doing a WSMR bookset containing a 67 + 2/3 MK2s + MK3 DVT. Sadly it's in N gauge though. Although as Techniquest as stated, it wouldn't be too expensive to form a OO set. All you need is a Hornby 67, a few MK3s, a MK3 DVT (IIRC Dapol are bringing out a OO RTR one) and the relavent decals and paint.

Nice shots as usual Dave :)

almark

Great shots Dave,i can imagine peoples expressions looking off that bridge and seeing a castle standing there!

Status
Not open for further replies.