• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dodgy December

Status
Not open for further replies.

EE Type 3

Established Member
Thanks for the comments guys, appreciate it :)

Just uploaded 3 photos from last night, 47815, 40145 and 57601 being the centre of attention.

All have been uploaded to my December collection, which can be accessed from the link above :)

Thanks
Dave

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mbonwick

Established Member
Excellent as usual, Dave.

Spot on, the park has been built next to the MoD base at Donnington. It'll be run by J G Russell, 5 trains a day has been mentioned. It's also been mentioned that DRS are bringing 47s back for this work, how close to the truth that is I don't know.

Is that in addition to the 2 trains a day DRS already run for them? If it is, i wouldn't be surprised if extra locos were needed. Surprised that it's 47s though, I'd have thought 66s would have been more suitable. Unless of course the 47s will be displacing 66s off other duties....

EE Type 3

Established Member
Excellent as usual, Dave.

Is that in addition to the 2 trains a day DRS already run for them? If it is, i wouldn't be surprised if extra locos were needed. Surprised that it's 47s though, I'd have thought 66s would have been more suitable. Unless of course the 47s will be displacing 66s off other duties....

The exsisting J G RUSSEL services don't come out of Donnington, the 5 trains a day are brand new flows, not sure why it's 47s but 47s is the word (well, number ;))

Cheers for the comments :)

57314 on 1Z91 Cardiff - Holyhead at Shrewsbury
046055000300.jpg

Can be found on my site :)

Cheers
Dave

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Like the shots of the Lancs Links locos and the NR test train, DBSOs on test trains just seem so weird to me still!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
So 008 has been repainted?:(

I like the livery, it should have been the one ATW continued the rest of the 175s with IMO.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Merr, shows how much I keep up to date with this stuff!

So she really, really is unique then. Best got a phot of her when I'm next out before she gets painted.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Gonna look out for her next week when I'm on the rails again then! I've probably got a few phots of her already, but none particularly beasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.