• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Does anyone have any sporty, unusual, classic, project cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Smudger105e

I own a 1965 Ford Anglia 105e Super Deluxe and my wife owns a 1967 Ford Anglia 123e Estate. My son also has a 1967/8 105e saloon, which now has a 2 litre DOHC engine out of a Sierra.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

GearJammer

I can't post pictures on here, says i need a URL of my image but ive no idea what that is, all my photos are saved to my laptop?

Anyway, i got a Vauxhall Monaro VXR 6.0L V8, built in Australia by Holden and tweaked by HSV (Holden Special Vehicles) in 2005, it was imported by Vauxhall and sold by them as a Monaro VXR in 2006 (mines a 56 reg) , both Holden and Vauxhall are owned by GM. Off the top of my head i believe just over 400 of mine were imported, mine being the VXR model with LS2 V8 6.0L engine with the fuel tank relocated to the boot (making the boot next to useless) body kit and spoiler and nostrels on the bonnet. Its also rear wheel drive.
Only came in three colours, Black, Silver and like mine, Red!

Its not often i get much more than 20MPG out of it, road tax is eye watering (£495) and parts can be hard to get unless your prepared to pay big bucks from Vauxhall and it drinks petrol but to be honest when you stamp on the throttle all that just simply gets forgotton..... it goes like s**t off a shovel and i love it!

Like i said, can't post proper pics on here but theres a pic of it as my avatar.

Johnuk123

Established Member
I can't post pictures on here, says i need a URL of my image but ive no idea what that is, all my photos are saved to my laptop?

You need to open an account at an Image hosting site like Imageshack or Photobucket then upload your pictures to them.

URL stands for Uniform Resource Locator and is simply like an address of a place on the internet.

The URL is what is written in the address bar at the top of your browser page for instance the URL of this actual page is http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=83907&page=3 which you will see at the top of this page.

All your pictures will get an individual URL which you can use to identify them and put them on here if you want to.

p.s. £495 tax ! Blimey. love the car looks a bit of a beast.

Last edited:

StripeyNick

I've been into cars as well since an early but from 2000 on, I've had a huge love for smarts. In fact, they took over from my love of railways from 2006 to about 2011 but I'm back to railways again.

I started driving in 2000 and had a Fiat Cinquecento Sporting but that year, I saw my first smart at the Motor Show in Birmingham and knew that I had to have one at some point.

3 years later (10years in Sept), I bought my first. I had that for nearly 3 years until the engine blew and I p/ex'd it for another which I still have. That one has gone into semi-retirement as it's done nearly 120,000 miles and really needs money spending on it so last November, I bought a smart ForFour......the grown up smart.......for my daily user.

I've made some very good friends through the smart community/forums and have had some wonderful trips. I've visited the factory in France a few times and have exhibited at numerous car shows. I have also done a few laps of the Nurburgring!!

My passion has dwindled a little over the last couple of years......mainly down to rising costs (even with a tiny car!!) but I will always have a thing for smarts.

Here is my first one.....

This is my current ForTwo......

And this is daily driver. The ForFour......

Temple Meads

Established Member
Which one would that be?

They did a few colours that weren't sold in huge numbers (the yellow millenium products one and the two tone versions come to mind).

Talking of rare colours, I saw a Primrose Yellow Rover 75 in Dawlish on Tuesday - plain weird!

melena

Which one would that be?

They did a few colours that weren't sold in huge numbers (the yellow millenium products one and the two tone versions come to mind).

Lime green with black race stripes.

GearJammer

You need to open an account at an Image hosting site like Imageshack or Photobucket then upload your pictures to them.

URL stands for Uniform Resource Locator and is simply like an address of a place on the internet.

The URL is what is written in the address bar at the top of your browser page for instance the URL of this actual page is http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=83907&page=3 which you will see at the top of this page.

All your pictures will get an individual URL which you can use to identify them and put them on here if you want to.

p.s. £495 tax ! Blimey. love the car looks a bit of a beast.

Cheers John, ive just tried it, lets see if it works with a few pics of my car..... The Thunder from Down Under......
1872_zpsfdea3cd6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

1878_zps6d7a6543.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

1883_zps709ef970.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hopefully that should work.... fingers crossed!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Lets try again....

1872_zpsfdea3cd6.jpg.html

http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/G...g.html?&_suid=1369523084911013316465226056173

carriageline

Established Member
I love monaros, the sound are absolutely heavenly. The interior massively lets them down though. IMO of course :(

GearJammer

I love monaros, the sound are absolutely heavenly. The interior massively lets them down though. IMO of course :(

Id partly agree with you, some bits are a bit plasticy, and it looks like cheap plastic to and some bits break easy....... but those leather seats, there not seats, there arm chairs, soooooooooo comfey!

carriageline

Established Member
Id partly agree with you, some bits are a bit plasticy, and it looks like cheap plastic to and some bits break easy....... but those leather seats, there not seats, there arm chairs, soooooooooo comfey!

But hey, I drive a Clio sport, I am definitely not one to speak :p

carriageline

Established Member
The last time I drove a Clio was a few years back, but the one thing that always struck me about it was that the steering wheel felt way too large for the car.

Yeah, it completely ruins the car IMO. I changed it for a smaller one, and the road feel and everything feels so much better. They must of took it out of one of their trucks..

NLC1072

I've been into cars as well since an early but from 2000 on, I've had a huge love for smarts. In fact, they took over from my love of railways from 2006 to about 2011 but I'm back to railways again.

I started driving in 2000 and had a Fiat Cinquecento Sporting but that year, I saw my first smart at the Motor Show in Birmingham and knew that I had to have one at some point.

3 years later (10years in Sept), I bought my first. I had that for nearly 3 years until the engine blew and I p/ex'd it for another which I still have. That one has gone into semi-retirement as it's done nearly 120,000 miles and really needs money spending on it so last November, I bought a smart ForFour......the grown up smart.......for my daily user.

I've made some very good friends through the smart community/forums and have had some wonderful trips. I've visited the factory in France a few times and have exhibited at numerous car shows. I have also done a few laps of the Nurburgring!!

My passion has dwindled a little over the last couple of years......mainly down to rising costs (even with a tiny car!!) but I will always have a thing for smarts.

Here is my first one.....

This is my current ForTwo......

And this is daily driver. The ForFour......

Another one for the Smart club...
IMG_2901.JPG

700cc Smart Roadster 54 plate ... goes like stink! 55mpg...

2.jpg

2.3 petrol Ford Galaxy 23mpg and goes like a snail!

OuterDistant

I've been pondering posting this for a bit, but have finally decided to come clean: I own a Trabant.

To drive, it is equally horrifying and amusing, and probably gets more attention than a Ferrari. However, a Ferrari will not gas you when you start it up.

Sun Chariot

Established Member
2 miles and 50 years away from the Longmoor Milita
Last week I traded in my trusted Mazda6 2.3 Sport for this. 38k miles on the clock, the Hirsch treatment, so that 2.8 V6 pushes out 275bhp and 400Nm of torque. It's my commuting-car and I've had a grin on my face every day...

Attachments

• Aero_pic1.jpg
    Aero_pic1.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 19

Rich_D3167

I drive a 2009 Seat Leon FR, with a 2 litre Common Rail Turbo Diesel engine, which kicks out 170 horsepower & 258lb/ft of torque. More than enough power to leave most cars on the road for dust, and if driven carefully, can give decent economy (50mpg+ isn't uncommon), and £120/year of tax isn't too bad at all. Had it for over 2 years now, and never missed a beat. Might be looking into a VW Golf GTi next year, though!

Eng274

I have a 2006 Volkswagen Passat saloon, with the 1.9TDi PD engine (ie before common rail). It produces 104bhp and 247Nm torque. Compared to the CR it sounds like a knackered sewing machine, but I still love it. Very comfy, smooth ride, and surprisingly economical when driven right (56mpg on some long runs). Doesn't shift very quickly though, but it's not designed to be thrown around like a 205 GTi. Not putting a picture up just yet because it's absolutely mawkit!

So it's not special, but I do aspire to get an Audi A8 or BMW 750iL from the late 90s. Or a Mitsubishi Evo VI.

richw

Veteran Member
I have a 2006 Volkswagen Passat saloon, with the 1.9TDi PD engine (ie before common rail). It produces 104bhp and 247Nm torque.

I used to have a Seat Leon with the same engine. The driving position was awful.

Seat Leon 1.9TDi Stylance by Rich.W., on Flickr

I then had a Saab 9-5.

I now have a Berlingo Multispace due to needing a van, but still needing a car, and at the time I couldn't afford both.

David

Established Member
I have a Clio and I agree :lol:

And as a former owner of 2 Clio's I also agree! However, so saying that, the steering wheel wasn't a major problem, They did everything asked of them, and it wasn't until I ran them into the ground that I had any major mechanical problems.

Anyway, for my current car, I've upgraded a little bit and got myself a Renaultsport Twingo :D

1941_1_letterbox.jpg

Photo credit - UTV Drive

Established Member
I no longer have my Volvo, having sold it 6 months ago and bought a P reg MX5 1.8 Dakar, which currently has just over 97k on the clock and has just been to France and back.

QHbcCyz.jpg

fmgkA58.jpg

An2G42Q.jpg

K08cMtp.jpg

wnvXdei.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.