• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Does anyone have the East Midlands Trains HST Diagrams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

palmersears

Established Member
How many EMT 43s are typically in traffic on a weekday? And am I right in my understanding that those which do run do so to Nottingham but not Sheffield?

I'm contemplating a trip to Leicester in a few weeks to clear a few more bits and pieces for sight, but given I don't need many of the 222s I'm hoping a number of workings are 43s, as I'm a bit further behind on these!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

palmersears

Established Member
Excellent, thank you Dave!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

DarloRich

Veteran Member
How many EMT 43s are typically in traffic on a weekday? And am I right in my understanding that those which do run do so to Nottingham but not Sheffield?

I'm contemplating a trip to Leicester in a few weeks to clear a few more bits and pieces for sight, but given I don't need many of the 222s I'm hoping a number of workings are 43s, as I'm a bit further behind on these!

it is very frustrating using Bedford to go north on EMT. Almost always a 222 with a change at Leicester <D

A0wen

On Moderation
it is very frustrating using Bedford to go north on EMT. Almost always a 222 with a change at Leicester <D

There is a reason for that - the 'stoppers' which serve Bedford, Wellingborough etc were not ideal for HSTs to keep time to with poor acceleration. It was also claimed that the stop/start nature was causing the MML HSTs to have poorer reliability than their GWML / ECML counterparts with extra strain on gearboxes etc.

As someone who uses Wellingborough reasonably often, I much prefer the Meridians - nice, comfortable, quick units. Starting to look a little tired around the edges now, but they've provided sterling service for over 10 years now.

On Moderation
It was also claimed that the stop/start nature was causing the MML HSTs to have poorer reliability than their GWML / ECML counterparts with extra strain on gearboxes etc.
Claimed by who, and what basis in fact is there?

What is the GWR HST service if not stop/start?

Kettledrum

unless you go on one of the late night HST services that seem to stop at every station on the midland main line.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Thursday evening saw me get three different EMT HST starting from Bedford when, due to disruption, a Derby bound service stopped out of course ( covering for a cancelled service) allowing me to get to Leicester, then Sheffield and ultimately Wakey.

nice trip out ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.