• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Does anyone know anything about this incident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jdrowlands

Happens all the time sadly, so I doubt you'll be able to find out anymore from people on here.

O L Leigh

Established Member
I thought there was something odd about this.

A quick internet search shows this guy to be a fantasist. In Aug 07 at just 19 years of age he is supposed to have completed a banking degree and was about to go back to Uni to get another degree in Business Management. By Dec 07 he was a Duty Manager at Tesco. By Jul 08 he had progressed to become a train driver for Virgin claiming that when he was learning Cl08s and Cl57s he got "...stuck in a traffic jam". He certainly seems fine on the GiffGaff forum and certainly hasn't mentioned his alleged fatal.

Likely...?

These wannabes searching for attention make my blood boil. I wish they'd stop making light of it.

O L Leigh

Established Member
First thing that struck me as odd is why would someone genuine go on Yahoo Answers to post something like that?

deltic1989

Established Member
Unfortunately you do get trolls like this on Yahoo! Answers, I frequent the site to help those that are in genune need of help, but these kind of people annoy me. It may be that the guy has a problem and needs professional help, he seems to be a fantasist, and the internet is the ideal outlet for this.
If you look at the Boats and Boating and aircraft sections you will find many people who claim to be millionares or you may even find a person claiming to be a long haul commercial pilot who later turns out to be 12. Its a sad fact of sites like this.
What has annoyed me about this is that he has taken the worst thing that could ever happen to a driver and used it to fuel his fantasy, I cannot imagine how stressful a fatality would be for a driver and it irritates me that this guy could make such a mockery of that.

O L Leigh

Established Member
Read more of his drivel here if you can stomach it. Bear in mind it was all posted back in 2008 when he would be, by his own reckoning 20 years of age.

I also use Y!A and have actually given him both barrels in my own response. I hope they ban his ass.

O L Leigh

driver9000

Established Member
Thanks for the link O L Leigh. I hope my employers don't find out that I don't have 2 degrees :lol:

EDIT: As if by magic the thread the OP links to has gone!

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Using the horrifying power of google, I think I have tracked down a name and something of a biography for this guy. It's quite stupid to use the same alias around the internet if you're going to post lies.

I don't think he's a driver, but he's certainly interested in the railway. And the RMT.

Geezertronic

Established Member
On page 4 of the Habboxforum thread, the following comment made me laugh - he was replying to a comment about Pendolinos and Super Voyagers:

kurtis5561 said:
Actually both have the same control sets, (both are made by bombadier transport) and if you drive a pendolino you can drive a 221 super voyager, Please do not troll the threads I am in

Now correct me if I am wrong but the Pendolinos are made by Alstom? :D

Wath Yard

Two degrees and he still doesn't know the difference between your and you're. Education ain't what it used to be.

driver9000

Established Member
Now correct me if I am wrong but the Pendolinos are made by Alstom? :D

I thought that too. Signing the 390 doesn't give automatic qualification to drive a 221 or vice versa either.

Virtually everything he wrote on the other forum was complete rubbish. I think this was proven by himself when the thread was locked when those correcting him were starting to appear.

Last edited:

Geezertronic

Established Member
Would be interested to find out if a recognised VT driver on this forum can confirm if they have a 24 year old driver colleague (who has been involved in two fatals as well). I'd put a smiley face after that comment if the subject wasn't distressing enough for the real individuals involved in these incidents

pt_mad

Established Member
Happens all the time sadly, so I doubt you'll be able to find out anymore from people on here.

In other news there have been three fatalities in Warwickshire, more specifically around Nuneaton in the last two months.

1. Jumped out in front of Pendolino at Atherstone station. There are loads of flowers at the station and cards for the guy.

2. WCML at Marston Lane near Nuneaton/Bulkington. Through Pendolino again.

3. WCML Caldecote Lane Nuneaton. This was someone I actually knew. Jumped in front of the 7.42 Crew - Euston (think thats correct) at 9.02 just before it arrived in Nuneaton. He was a top guy as well so a huge shame but obviously not fair on the driver.

district

More comedy gold:

cocaine said:
and you think thats meant to be hard?
I will tell you what, I will let you drive the train one day, I know where all 879 signals are on the route I run, I have peoples lives in my hands, I can fix most common faults on the trains.

Dan! said:
ROFL, dont make me laugh if i recall form what my mate have told me who driver train you need atlest C and above
You need to have a degree

bailey65

Don't believe anything you read on troll city or yahoo answers as it is commonly known just another attention seeking inadequate by the looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.