• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Does anyone know how 1750 Exeter SD - Penzance and 1750 Exeter SD - Exmouth were pathed during summer 2014?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wirygiant

I've been looking at the Network Rail summer 2014 timetable and I've noticed that at both the loco hauled service to Penzance and the service to Exmouth leave Exeter SD at 1750. From the pictures I've seen of the loco hauled service to Penzance it left from platform 1 which is usually used by Exmouth services. Does anyone know which platform was used by the Exmouth service and which service departed first? I've attached the picture I found of the loco hauled service leaving from platform 1Screenshot_20200529-151144_Chrome.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JN114

Established Member
I don’t think the loco hauled was timetabled off Platform 1 - I think it was planned off 3, which would allow parallel moves to take place towards Starcross and Central simultaneously. (Has to be 1 or 3 as the stock came from New Yard)

Pics showing it departing from Platform 1 don’t mean it was timetabled to use it.

Gordonman

Pretty sure the Exmouth service also departed from platform one,obviously in front of the Penzance service.Was the WTT departure time a couple of minutes later than 17.50?

TEW

Established Member
I don’t think the loco hauled was timetabled off Platform 1 - I think it was planned off 3, which would allow parallel moves to take place towards Starcross and Central simultaneously. (Has to be 1 or 3 as the stock came from New Yard)

Pics showing it departing from Platform 1 don’t mean it was timetabled to use it.
There would have been a conflict had it been planned to use platform 3 as well, as the SWT arrival from Waterloo would have been around 1745. I can only remember the loco hauled using the London end of platform 1.

louis97

Established Member
Both trains left from Platform 1, the Exmouth first and then the Penzance. The Penzance retained its 1750 departure time, however the Exmouth service was, for the duration of the summer timetable, retimed to depart earlier at 1747 with an extended dwell at Central. I suspect this was something that got corrected after the timetable was produced.

LordCreed

2F47, the Exmouth service, came empty from Exeter New Yard at 17:30. This stopped at the country end of P1.
2C51, the Penzance service, came empty from Exeter New Yard at 17:36. This stopped at the London end of P1.

2F47 departed Exeter St Davids 17:47 for the duration of the timetable that the Penzance service ran. It had a 5 minute dwell at Exeter Central.

Wilts Wanderer

Established Member
That’s about the quality we’ve come to expect in the Network Rail published GBTT these days unfortunately. I know for a fact that the Exmouth and Penzance services were amended at the same time and were always correct in timetabling data that the GBTT extract is drawn from.

Status
Not open for further replies.