• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Does anyone one here sign Paddington - Reading..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin2345uk

Established Member
If so could you maybe drop me a PM..? I've got some questions about the flashing yellows on that route that I'm struggling with...! Thank you!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nippy

Until a month ago I signalled that line for 27 years..... Feel free to PM me if you prefer......

davetheguard

Established Member
Happy retirement (?) from Thames Valley Signalling Centre. Did you cut your teeth in Reading panel before that; I wonder if you know my former colleague Vince Lang?

Nippy

Happy retirement (?) from Thames Valley Signalling Centre. Did you cut your teeth in Reading panel before that; I wonder if you know my former colleague Vince Lang?
Not retired yet, I’ve moved to Wembley Mainline SCC. During my time on the western I worked OOC Panel, Slough Panel, Slough IECC, Greenford, a short spell at Reading Panel helping out whilst they transitioned to TVSC and then finally 10 years at TVSC. The commute was getting too much for me so moved to Wembley as I can travel by train to work..... I did know Vinnie, he was quite an entertaining character. he retired a few years ago now.

davetheguard

Established Member
Not retired yet, I’ve moved to Wembley Mainline SCC. During my time on the western I worked OOC Panel, Slough Panel, Slough IECC, Greenford, a short spell at Reading Panel helping out whilst they transitioned to TVSC and then finally 10 years at TVSC. The commute was getting too much for me so moved to Wembley as I can travel by train to work..... I did know Vinnie, he was quite an entertaining character. he retired a few years ago now.

Looks like you only lack Oxford (and arguably Swindon) for the full set of Western London commuter-land area boxes! Good luck on the West Coast.....

I'm amazed that Didcot has been going ten years already.

Nippy

Looks like you only lack Oxford (and arguably Swindon) for the full set of Western London commuter-land area boxes! Good luck on the West Coast.....

I'm amazed that Didcot has been going ten years already.
I did sign Oxford as well. At one point I signed them all at the same time. Never signed Didcot either at TVSC or when it was at Swindon B.....

Mintona

Established Member

That’s a shame, I always liked to imagine it was you signalling me when it was regulated in my favour. Best of luck at Wembley.

Status
Not open for further replies.