• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Does Anyone Recognise the Station ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mutant Lemming

Established Member
I am not sure if this is the correct section but I searched for railway film locations and found nothing relevant. Just wondered if anyone knew the station featured at the end of the 1957 film 'Night of the Demons' as featured in the clip. The train supposedly stopped somewhere on the way from London to Southampton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi0cv_cltI8&feature=relmfu

(I think a certain train company could use the clip as a warning to what will happen if you lose your ticket )

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

steamybrian

Established Member
If it was Redhill then there would be 3rd rails for the electrics.

Look carefully towards the end of the film at about 4mins 50 secs and the totem station nameboard which whilst out of focus the name is in two words.

Further research states it was filmed at Bricket Wood....

John Webb

Established Member
Glynn Horton's book "Britain's Railways in Feature Films" confirms this was mostly shot at Bricket Wood, with perhaps Watford Junction station also being involved.

Mutant Lemming

Established Member
Thanks for that. Would have found out more quickly had I used wiki as opposed to film databases.
Am wondering if the shot at 1:26 is Bricket Wood though as the line was a short branch with only an all stations shuttle as far back as the September 1952 timetable so what express train would have thundered through like that ?
Will have to head up there and see if I can do some demon spotting.

John Webb

Established Member
Thanks for that. Would have found out more quickly had I used wiki as opposed to film databases.
Am wondering if the shot at 1:26 is Bricket Wood though as the line was a short branch with only an all stations shuttle as far back as the September 1952 timetable so what express train would have thundered through like that ?
Will have to head up there and see if I can do some demon spotting.
At that time Bricket Wood had a passing loop, since removed. Reference to the Oakwood Press book "The Watford to St Albans Branch" suggests that this was at Bricket Wood with the stationary train in the Up platform and the 'express' passing through on the Down platform of the loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.