• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dollands Moor / Dungeness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cundy66

Hi I'm going to Kent next week with family and whilst down there I am hoping to get a couple of hours to go have a "wander" (spotting) I am going to to close to Dungeness and noticed Dollands Moor isn't too far either.

Has anyone been to either of these and what where you able to get and what was your experience?

Also any places around either location that is best to view from?

I will check RTT before going to either place, so just after some pointers.

Thanks,

Cundy66

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Keith Jarrett

If the Dungeness "coal" runs, the loco will be visible from the Dungeness to Lydd road. However, do not stop too close to the terminal as the Nuclear Police will be on to you pretty smart. If you are looking to photograph the train, best bet is somewhere between Lydd Town station and Appledore. There are several unmanned crossings around that provide suitable photographic points.

And don't forget the Romney Hythe & Dymchurch Railway - all the trains are loco hauled!

Cundy66

If the Dungeness "coal" runs, the loco will be visible from the Dungeness to Lydd road. However, do not stop too close to the terminal as the Nuclear Police will be on to you pretty smart. If you are looking to photograph the train, best bet is somewhere between Lydd Town station and Appledore. There are several unmanned crossings around that provide suitable photographic points.

And don't forget the Romney Hythe & Dymchurch Railway - all the trains are loco hauled!

Thanks Keith, and yes we are planning on using the RHDR whilst there. Weather forecast not looking great though.

Status
Not open for further replies.