• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dominic Cummings alleged breach of lockdown rules discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankOwen

I think most ophthalmologists will agree that if you don't have access to the necessary testing equipment then the best way to check if you're partially blind is to take the old family on a 60 mile drive.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

thejuggler

He forgot the mantra I have often based my decision making on.

"Sometimes it is easier to seek forgiveness than permission." Just saying sorry then explaining your reasons can smooth the way and you move on.

The fact the cabinet would have known where he was will be the next line of enquiry.

Darandio

Established Member
I think most ophthalmologists will agree that if you don't have access to the necessary testing equipment then the best way to check if you're partially blind is to take the old family on a 60 mile drive.

I'm sure it's what we would all do? :lol:

Then stop off at the riverbank for a while, then pop into the woods on the way home because the child needed the bog.

I've heard some rubbish in my time, but this cobbled together set of excuses really takes the biscuit. I'm from County Durham, I know Barnard Castle is a beautiful place and have had dozens of days out there. Cummings is local and knows this as well so decided to pop out for a quick jolly.

Darandio

Established Member
Well which lies did you uncover?

If you believe the whole load of cock and bull about Barnard Castle then there is nothing more that I can say. There are lies everywhere, they denied he even went to Barnard Castle yesterday and i'm 100% certain they know there is evidence out there waiting that shows otherwise so had to cobble together this load of bollocks to try and justify it.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
If you believe the whole load of cock and bull about Barnard Castle then there is nothing more that I can say. There are lies everywhere, they denied he even went to Barnard Castle yesterday and i'm 100% certain they know there is evidence out there waiting that shows otherwise so had to cobble together this load of bollocks to try and justify it.

Even if it's true it's still grossly negligent. "I didn't know if I was fit to drive so I went for a drive". Really?

Darandio

Established Member
Even if it's true it's still grossly negligent. "I didn't know if I was fit to drive so I went for a drive". Really?

Well yes, how can anyone not see that isn't a lie? I'm not sure if i'm fit to drive so i'll endanger the lives of my family to make certain. Come on now.

farleigh

Dom is that you?
LOL.
I was just interested what lies Darandio was referring to. I am no great fan of the guy - I just felt given the circumstances he came across reasonably well. I was expecting a lot worse. As Darandio says, there may be more revelations to follow.

Iskra

Established Member
LOL.
I was just interested what lies Darandio was referring to. I am no great fan of the guy - I just felt given the circumstances he came across reasonably well. I was expecting a lot worse. As Darandio says, there may be more revelations to follow.

He did not come across as confident when asked tame questions. That says more than the words. He still opted not to apologise and to maintain his dubious-seeming story. He further admitted to driving while not sure he was fit to do so. He kept the country waiting, showing further disdain for the public. I’m really not sure how he came across well.

I’m looking forward to Boris at 7.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
You take your 4 year old son from London to Durham so that relatives (choose from 70+ year old parents, sister, or 17 year old niece) can look after him in the event that you, your wife or both of you test positive for coronavirus. Then, when you get there and find one or other of you has the virus, and your son becomes ill, you snatch him back from those family carers (if you can remember which ones they were and which property they occupy) and rush the 5-4-3-2-1 miles to hospital yourself (see his brain going haywire when he realises the distance has to be as little as possible?). So much easier than getting to UCH when necessary. The Grimm Brothers live!!:lol: (Boris and Dominic).

stevetay3

Why did he go on for so long with the questions.Was he waiting for someone to get up and say what a wonderful chap you are and everything you did was totally ok.

RichT54

I've just checked the UK Government and Parliament Petitions website, expecting to see that several petitions had been submitted calling for Cummings to be sacked, but was surprised that I couldn't find any. Maybe people are thinking that these petitions generally don't achieve very much, or maybe they are just not as angry about the situation as I thought.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Why did he go on for so long with the questions.Was he waiting for someone to get up and say what a wonderful chap you are and everything you did was totally ok.
Where's his mother when he needs her? I think we know the answer to that (or do we?:lol:)

westv

Established Member
I'm totally bored with the whole story now. Can the media please move on to the important issues?

Ianno87

Veteran Member
I've just checked the UK Government and Parliament Petitions website, expecting to see that several petitions had been submitted calling for Cummings to be sacked, but was surprised that I couldn't find any. Maybe people are thinking that these petitions generally don't achieve very much, or maybe they are just not as angry about the situation as I thought.

Not something that would be determined by parliament, surely? So pointless.

Ianno87

Veteran Member
I'm totally bored with the whole story now. Can the media please move on to the important issues?

I'm afraid this is an important issue.

I'm sorry you're "bored" with people losing their lives. Get a Netflix subscription or something.

westv

Established Member
I'm afraid this is an important issue.

I'm sorry you're "bored" with people losing their lives. Get a Netflix subscription or something.
Which people? Cummings didn't kill anybody.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
I like Boris Johnson but come on, at least acknowledge his wrongdoing. He didn’t just break lockdown he broke lockdown with his POSITIVE wife

kermit

I could have missed it, but how come a herd of supposedly well trained journalists were unable to formulate the question "what were you going to do if you - the only driver - got as far as Barnard Castle with your wife and child in the car and concluded that you weren't able to drive back?".

westv

Established Member
How do you know? He’s certainly increased the risk through unnecessary travel, including to his own child.
Something he did weeks ago. In his opinion it was necessary. It's been the top media story for days. It shouldn't continue to do so.

Darandio

Established Member
Something he did weeks ago. It's been the top media story for days. It shouldn't continue to do so.

Then his government shouldn't spout lies to fuel the fire. He could have owned up and apologised on day one, we then wouldn't be where we are now.

Neptune

Established Member
Which people? Cummings didn't kill anybody.
That we know of.

Whilst the rest of us have sacrificed seeing our loved ones in person this bloke takes his family on a 520 mile round trip to see family and potentially use them for childcare whilst showing symptoms of this killer disease. He then goes on a 60 mile round trip to Barnard Castle on his wife’s birthday to check if his eyesight is good enough to drive. This could have potentially ended in a fatal car crash or requiring a call out to emergency services.

This callous man who runs the government needs to be brought to task.

westv

Established Member
That we know of.

Whilst the rest of us have sacrificed seeing our loved ones in person this bloke takes his family on a 520 mile round trip to see family and potentially use them for childcare whilst showing symptoms of this killer disease. He then goes on a 60 mile round trip to Barnard Castle on his wife’s birthday to check if his eyesight is good enough to drive. This could have potentially ended in a fatal car crash or requiring a call out to emergency services.

This callous man who runs the government needs to be brought to task.
He says he was following this advice

If you are living with children
Keep following this advice to the best of your ability, however, we are aware that not all these measures will be possible.

Ianno87

Veteran Member
He says he was following this advice

If you are living with children
Keep following this advice to the best of your ability, however, we are aware that not all these measures will be possible.

Strapping your kid in a car whilst driving for 30 miles to "test your eyesight" is a dubious interpretation of 'best of your ability'.

Status
Not open for further replies.