• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Donald Trump and the aftermath of his presidency

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Warwick

The way that these Trump protesters are going on you'd think that he'd had sex with an impressionable young woman in the White House or had to pay off several women after having sexual affairs with them.

AM9

Veteran Member
The way that these Trump protesters are going on you'd think that he'd had sex with an impressionable young woman in the White House or had to pay off several women after having sexual affairs with them.
His alleged courting techniques were publicised before he got into the White House. As far as we know, he's had to pay for his 'stormy' pleasures. :)

greyman42

Established Member
None of which are against the law.

fowler9

Established Member
All these thousands upon thousands protesting. Wasn't anybody at work ?
We all work shifts these days mate, plus some of us still get annual leave. Thinking about it if you do Monday to Friday 9-5 can you tell me where to apply.

greyman42

Established Member
Donald Trump said he felt unwelcome in London. Not pointless at all.
When did he say that? We should remember that when we leave the EU, the USA is going to be one of the most countries that we need to strike a trade deal with, so why rub him up the wrong way.

AndrewNewens

A pointless, childish protest is not one of them in my opinion.
Far from pointless. The protests had huge coverage on US TV and on social media. Let's not forget, more of the popular vote in the last presidential election went to Hillary Clinton than to Donald Trump and the 'bad press' the Donald gets all helps towards either a) his eventual empeachment or (a bit more likely) b) the Rupublican party dumping him at the next presidential election. The UK/US 'special relationship' is a bit of a myth, but that does not mean that many Americans don't look fondly at this country and take note (in passing) of what we say. I should add for balance, that many Americans look fondly at the rest of Europe as well and think we in the UK are a bit mad for denying our common European roots and out historical links with the mainland of Europe.

najaB

Veteran Member
When did he say that?
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=donald+trump+unwelcome+london&oq=donald+trump+unwelcome+london
We should remember that when we leave the EU, the USA is going to be one of the most countries that we need to strike a trade deal with
And Donald Trump has next to zero influence on a trade deal. It's negotiated by the Department of Commerce and ratified by Congress before being presented to the President to sign.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
A woman representing Republicans Overseas ( a group affiliated to the Republican Party) was on the radio this morning and, among other gems, said that Donald Trump was a comedian: a point to remember when we learn that he has launched a nuclear strike on North Korea or Iran, if we're still around to learn it. The ultimate irony, from someone completely devoid of it!

trash80

Established Member
When did he say that? We should remember that when we leave the EU, the USA is going to be one of the most countries that we need to strike a trade deal with, so why rub him up the wrong way.

I thought it was all about taking back control and sovereignty?

pemma

Veteran Member
The free Tommy Robinson/pro-Trump rally must have gone really well. Supporters are circulating pictures of crowds in Cairo on social media, claiming it shows all the people who turned up for their march. :roll:

trash80

Established Member
Yes i saw that, didn't look like London in the slightest. Still we arn't dealing with mental giants are we?

AM9

Veteran Member
Best not to upset him and keep him at our highest level of special! Otherwise we won't be able to have their chlorine washed chickens, beef fed on hormones and GM fruit and vegetables. American food is just so beautiful. ;)

fowler9

Established Member
Ah great, so we will be freed of the tirrany of the EU and answer to Donald Trump instead. Sounds brilliant, where do I sign up?

kermit

Donald Trump has made a career out of barefaced lying ( eg I predicted the Brexit Result), cheating ( eg knowingly advancing his electoral chances through collusion with Russia), bullying (eg anything not suiting his view on any given day is "fake news", even if he said it on tape the day before, then journalists who dare step out of his line are publicly humiliated and ignored), putrid misogyny (eg I grab 'em by the pussy) and racism (Charlottesville and his "even handed" approach to the Ku Klux Klan). I wouldn't dream of arguing that the office of US President has been filled with good role models (Nixon, Bush, Clinton, all had their many and considerable faults). But this man sets a horrific sewer-level all-round example to the whole world, and there's a growing fan-boy club (Boris Johnson and, it seems, every writer for the Telegraph) prepared to ride on his coat tails and follow his example. Apologists for this behaviour should hang their collective heads in shame.

pemma

Veteran Member
The free Tommy Robinson/pro-Trump rally must have gone really well. Supporters are circulating pictures of crowds in Cairo on social media, claiming it shows all the people who turned up for their march. :roll:

Yes i saw that, didn't look like London in the slightest. Still we arn't dealing with mental giants are we?

Just seen elsewhere that last month they used a photo of Liverpool fans in Liverpool in 2005 welcoming the (mainly foreign) Liverpool FC squad home after the Champions League win, where someone followed up reminding them that Liverpool is the city the EDL got chased out of before they could start protesting. :)

fowler9

Established Member
Just seen elsewhere that last month they used a photo of Liverpool fans in Liverpool in 2005 welcoming the (mainly foreign) Liverpool FC squad home after the Champions League win, where someone followed up reminding them that Liverpool is the city the EDL got chased out of before they could start protesting. :)
Was a bit sick in my mouth reading that. Was there when the EDL got chased out.

pemma

Veteran Member
All these thousands upon thousands protesting. Wasn't anybody at work ?

Not everyone works 9-5 Mon-Fri....and anyway, it still is possible to ask for an annual leave day!

Yes. I'm sure 99.99999% of people wouldn't turn up for a protest where TV cameras are likely to be present on a day if they were supposed to work last Friday. There's also the self-employed, freelancers and students who have some flexibility as to when they do their work.

zuriblue

There were 12 missing at the end of the march, 11 men and 1 woman arrested. I didn't hear of any trouble at the anti-Trump march.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lon...-activists-descend-on-whitehall-a3887361.html

The Deputy General Secretary of the RMT got a kicking.

DiFBdS2XUAIxcjp.jpg

(Steve Hedley, the Deputy General Secretary of the RMT, covered in blood after being assaulted by Stephen Yaxley-Lennon supporters in London on Saturday.)

SteveP29

Just because we're leaving the EU doesn't mean we can't do any trade with them.
We'll probably do less, but what we do do will be more expensive

433N

We should remember that when we leave the EU, the USA is going to be one of the most countries that we need to strike a trade deal with, so why rub him up the wrong way.

Oh, I don't think that we need to worry too much about that. Hopefully, we will have the same excellent team working on the deal that is doing such great things in the Brexit negotiations.

I'm sure that as President of the USA, the country that is the leading proponent of free speech and democracy in the World with an intolerance of human rights abuses, he will welcome people expressing themselves and will regard us with a heightened sense of fondness. I'm sure the immature, misogynist, tyrannical despot image is just an act really. How good it will be to extract ourselves from those civilised EU johnnies.

DarloRich

Veteran Member

oh i don't know: tariffs on UK products? Russian interference? The fact he is the most awful sh*t? The lying? The crackpot ideas? His sexual behaviour? The hair? Cosying up to despots and dictators?

That will do for starters!