• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Doncaster Class 67

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash39

Established Member
Do they still have these stabled for thunderbird duties for East Coast?

Anyone know what 67 should be there on Saturday?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

craig87034

Yep East coast have a thunderbird at Doncaster 67019 is currently Doncaster thunderbird would expect it to still be on tomorrow

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Do they still have these stabled for thunderbird duties for East Coast?

They do normally but there have been times that I've been through Doncaster and not seen one stabled there.

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
Yep East coast have a thunderbird at Doncaster 67019 is currently Doncaster thunderbird would expect it to still be on tomorrow

Its definately here right today, saw it returning and stabling opposite platform 8, next to an abandoned Hull Trains 180...

ash39

Established Member
Thanks , is platform 8 easy to get to for photos?
Hope the 180 is still there, not seen many

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
Thanks , is platform 8 easy to get to for photos?
Hope the 180 is still there, not seen many

8 is easy, its one of the main 4 north-south platforms, always people taking photos.

Even if that 180 isn't it won't be too long till one calls in service, or till a Grand Central one goes through a centre line at full speed!

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
What's up with the 180?

No idea but I think its the same one that was parked up south of the station earlier in the week.

Its since been joined by 91122, which I suspect is the EC failure earlier today.

ash39

Established Member
I really want to get a shot of a 91 blunt end, hope its still there tomorrow! Saw 122 yesterday, wonder what's happened to it

Established Member
Sometimes the thunderbird can be obscured by freight trains in the sidings, and also the OHL posts.

ash39

Established Member
Ah well it'll be a decent day out,not been to donny for years . Got my 18 month old girl with me though so might struggle getting about the station quickly.. but at least her pushchair carries my camera!

Status
Not open for further replies.