• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Doncaster-Scarborough tomorrow? (Sunday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnychips

Established Member
Anybody any idea why I can't get a train till 1122? (According to TPE and NR booking engines). Maybe there' s engineering, but there are no replacement buses indicated. Will research further, but members on here seem to know everything so much more quicker!

Sorry if wrong thread, but I put it here because I was looking up fares.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D6975

Established Member
I just tried it and got Doncaster depart 09:12 to Leeds 09:59, Leeds dep 10:12 Scarborough arr 11:31.
That was on NRE.

edit, there's something amiss though, the FGW booking engine says it's not possible to do DON - LDS - SCA tomorrow at all!!

Last edited:

johnnychips

Established Member
I just tried it and got Doncaster depart 09:12 to Leeds 09:59, Leeds dep 10:12 Scarborough arr 11:31.
That was on NRE.

Thanks for that. It isn't the obvious route but sounds ideal. I suppose if it's on NRE it's valid. I thought there used to be a direct train via Hull which I haven't had the chance to look at yet.

Finfanero

Doncaster to Goole / Scunthorpe is closed from tonight around 18:00 until 10 am in morning.

D6975

Established Member
09:05 bus to Goole arrive 09:40, 09:48 train forward to Scarborough 11:51. Try buying a ticket online though, the booking engines just don't want to know. The one via Leeds is 2 separate tickets mind, Northern ticket to LDS, TP ticket to SCA

Last edited:

johnnychips

Established Member
09:05 bus to Goole arrive 09:40, 09:48 train forward to Scarborough 11:51. Try buying a ticket online though, the booking engines just don't want to know. The one via Leeds is 2 separate tickets mind, Northern ticket to LDS, TP ticket to SCA

No, I think the bus sounds great. Thanks for all your help - I don't want to get an advance so I suppose there will be a day return - or is that too much to ask :D:D

Harpers Tate

Established Member
A bit crummy that the 0845 Sheffield - Doncaster - Hull - Scarborough and others aren't going via Selby, then.

1D53

Established Member
There is no route South from Selby to Doncaster so wouldn't be possible to divert, the diversion route is via Castleford and Hare Park or Knottingley which isn't signed by the relevant crews and is also at capacity with diverted long distance trains.

D6975

Established Member
I take it this segment is also under possession, then.

No, Hull trains are running Hull-Donny via Selby as normal.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
There is no route South from Selby to Doncaster so wouldn't be possible to divert, the diversion route is via Castleford and Hare Park or Knottingley which isn't signed by the relevant crews and is also at capacity with diverted long distance trains.

Yes there is, that's the way Hull Trains go.

brompton rail

No, Hull trains are running Hull-Donny via Selby as normal.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Yes there is, that's the way Hull Trains go.

Actually RTT shows Hull Trains going normal route Doncaster to Selby and v.v. - i.e. via Temple Hirst

Status
Not open for further replies.