• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Doncaster Stevenage - Sunday 1945.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakerbloke

Scratching my head on this one. I like to get the 1945 Doncaster to Stevenage on Sundays - it reduces my overall journey time by 1 hour. Some Sundays it runs, others not. Yesterday it was not listed on the live departure boards but was listed clearly on the printed timetable near the platform - it never came.
Next Sunday (13th) it runs, the Sunday after (20th) it has disappeared again.
Any ideas why?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
It is in the official timetable to run every Sunday (you can find that timetable for southbound Sunday services here). However there is engineering work on the ECML most weekends and this can lead to service disruptions with some services not running and others diverted. Having checked the timetables for the specific days you mention the 1945 is indeed not running on the 20th presumable due to engineering work earlier in the day.

You can find more information here. This is the page for the 13th November, you can check other dates/months by clicking on the calender on the left on specific days. On the right underneath the bank of text you can find a link to the revised timetable (the "click here to view timetable" text being the link).

Having looked at the timetable for the 20th (see here) you could catch the 1917 from Doncaster that would arrive at Stevenage at 2057.

Bakerbloke

Many thanks for that info. Unfortunately can't get to Doncaster for 1917. Will have to get used to the 5 hours, 5 trains for Hope Valley to Cambridge on these days. Gets worse after Christmas when TP services to Cleethorpes are replaced by buses after Sheffield - means I won't be able to catch the 1945 Doncaster to Stevenage.

Status
Not open for further replies.