• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Doncaster to Barton-on-Humber then Grimsby

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthewluck

I would really appreciate some advice.

I need to travel from Doncaster to Barton-on-Humber then Cleethorpes before returning to Doncaster.

I am flexible about when I can travel on Saturday. Please could anyone suggest the cheapest way of doing this.

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CaptainHaddock

Established Member
Hmm, there don't seem to be many options for this one.

There's no advance purchase availability for this Saturday so it looks like your cheapest option is a Doncaster-Cleethorpes Off Peak Return at £18.70 plus a Habrough-Barton Anytime Day Return at £6.30, giving a total of £25.00.

Romilly

Established Member
On a journey planner such as Virgin Trains East Coast, if you ask for Doncaster to Cleethorpes via Barton-on-Humber you can get an itinerary routed that way for the £19.70 Doncaster-Cleethorpes offpeak day return.

See also this recent thread:

http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=126891

Last edited:

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
There's the bus from Hull to Barton-Grimsby-Cleethorpes. The Humber Flyer.
It might be cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:

sheff1

Established Member
On a journey planner such as Virgin Trains East Coast, if you ask for Doncaster to Cleethorpes via Barton-on-Humber you can get an itinerary routed that way for the £19.70 Doncaster-Cleethorpes offpeak day return.

I wonder where that comes from ?

Even without an itinerary, a Doncaster to Barton-on-H ticket is valid for double back via Grimsby (Easement 000005), so the absolute max cost woud be £19.70 for this plus £2.40 for a Grimsby Town - Cleethorpes Anytime Day Return. If you catch a train which stops at Grimsby Docks in both directions the fare from there to Cleethorpes is £2.20.

matthewluck

I wonder where that comes from ?

Even without an itinerary, a Doncaster to Barton-on-H ticket is valid for double back via Grimsby (Easement 000005), so the absolute max cost woud be £19.70 for this plus £2.40 for a Grimsby Town - Cleethorpes Anytime Day Return. If you catch a train which stops at Grimsby Docks in both directions the fare from there to Cleethorpes is £2.20.

Thanks everyone, went for this option in the end. Lots of cancellations on TPE today including my train on the way there so will be claiming back 100% of the cost

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
when's the new film Grimsby coming out?

That Film has nothing to do with Grimsby.
The filmcrew people came here and didn't think the town was rundown enough, so they made up a new filmset version of Grimsby in Essex made to look as horrible as possible. For example 'Grimsby Town' station on the film is just an overgrown platform with a sign. It's coming out today. But the film is just an attempt to insult the town for cheap laughs in a rubbish comedy. I won't watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.