• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Door policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebmcr

Established Member
An S-Stock train I'm currently on is only releasing doors, rather than opening them. Is that a new policy?

Is it controlled by a setting, or selected each time the Doors Open buttons are pressed?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dstock7080

Established Member
An S-Stock train I'm currently on is only releasing doors, rather than opening them. Is that a new policy?

Is it controlled by a setting, or selected each time the Doors Open buttons are pressed?
It is not a new policy.

There is a driver operated setting which allows the doors to be opened solely by passengers or by the driver.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Was this underground or outside? It might have benefits in cold weather at lesser used stations.

Tube driver

Down to driver's discretion. There is no hard and fast rule about door control but generally kept under driver's control.

As it is bl**dy freezing at the moment, the driver is thinking of you lot and doing his best to keep you warm!

rebmcr

Established Member
Was this underground or outside? It might have benefits in cold weather at lesser used stations.

Outside; by the time we got underground I had stopped paying attention! :3

Down to driver's discretion. There is no hard and fast rule about door control but generally kept under driver's control.

As it is bl**dy freezing at the moment, the driver is thinking of you lot and doing his best to keep you warm!

Good to know, the last I was aware there was "no agreement for its use" so wasn't able to be changed. Does that differ from depot to depot?

Status
Not open for further replies.