• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Doors did not open at Bruce Grove (London Overground) 24/08/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

VT 390

Established Member
Today when I was visiting stations in London I got on the 0515 London Liverpool Street to Cheshunt service (2D02)
at Seven Sisters (0533). I was planning on just going one stop to Bruce Grove, however when the train stopped at the station (about 15 seconds) the doors never unlocked, I don't know if it was just that carriage or not as I did not have time to try another but at the next stop (White Hart Lane) they worked fine. It was not that the door button lights were broken as I tried them anyway and they lit up at the next station.
I am not really annoyed by the fact I missed my stop as I was only visiting stations and just changed the order I did them in but I would like to know if anyone has any ideas as to why this was so that it does not happen again, not that it makes much difference but no one was waiting on the platform that I could see and the carriage I was in was empty other than me.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ComUtoR

Established Member
A few quick reasons :

Driver error
Traction fault
Door fault
SDO - deliberate
SDO - accident/fault
User error
Poor signal to the door

VT 390

Established Member
Maybe the station is closed at that time on a Saturday morning?
I had thought of that but that would not explain why the train stopped there and the service we advertised at Seven Sisters as stopping at Bruce Grove next.

BJames

Established Member
No - the station is definitely a booked call for this service, Bruce Grove is not routinely skipped northbound except for Greater Anglia services and football specials - and not at all usually on Saturdays.

This is much more likely to have happened for any of the reasons ComUtoR has stated. Was it a 315 or a 317? I'm assuming this wouldn't have happened but on the 317s I have seen people struggling to work the doors and someone else has had to show them how they work (they are press and hold, a short press would not always open the doors). But again, assuming as the doors opened fine at White Hart Lane that this was not the case.

Don't suppose you happened to see if anyone else got off? No announcement being made I'm assuming, which would indicate the driver not being aware of any issues - I don't think that Bruce Grove is extremely well used at this time of the morning in the northbound direction, so the driver could have just thought nobody was getting on or off?

VT 390

Established Member
No - the station is definitely a booked call for this service, Bruce Grove is not routinely skipped northbound except for Greater Anglia services and football specials - and not at all usually on Saturdays.

This is much more likely to have happened for any of the reasons ComUtoR has stated. Was it a 315 or a 317? I'm assuming this wouldn't have happened but on the 317s I have seen people struggling to work the doors and someone else has had to show them how they work (they are press and hold, a short press would not always open the doors). But again, assuming as the doors opened fine at White Hart Lane that this was not the case.

Don't suppose you happened to see if anyone else got off? No announcement being made I'm assuming, which would indicate the driver not being aware of any issues - I don't think that Bruce Grove is extremely well used at this time of the morning in the northbound direction, so the driver could have just thought nobody was getting on or off?
It was a 315.

As far as I could tell no one else got off, in fact I think there were only 2 other people on board from what I could see.

You may well be right about the reason for this happening though as from what I saw this makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.