• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dorset Coast Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan

Ok i know im in the wrong on this one but i was mislead, THE SIGNAL WAS GREEN!

Attachments

• Dorset Coast 442, Voyage & 33's.jpg
    Dorset Coast 442, Voyage & 33's.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 83
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nathan

Would they really care if i told them? And also can you tell which train i was driving?

Coxster

Established Member
I'm guessing the Voyager and hit the Wessex head on, scattering it into the Class 33's way.

Nathan

Yeah, pretty much spot on, exept the Wessex hit the Voyager. i was the Wessex unfortunatly.

Coxster

Established Member
Nathan said:
Yeah, pretty much spot on, exept the Wessex hit the Voyager. i was the Wessex unfortunatly.
Why were you running wrong road?

Nathan

Well this is the thing i know i was in the wrong it was my first time on that activity the signal was green all of them as far as i could see. At Bournemouth depot i had come to the red signal waiting to be cleared and reverse onto the mainline. I needed to back up at the signal a bit then i put the brakes on but the unit moved forwards a tad as i was putting the brakes on and the signal had changed. So i went on reversed into Branksome and headed for Bournemouth then the voyager came and smack.

The activity is 'Coastal Coupling', activity number 32.

Coxster

Established Member
Nathan said:
Well this is the thing i know i was in the wrong it was my first time on that activity the signal was green all of them as far as i could see. At Bournemouth depot i had come to the red signal waiting to be cleared and reverse onto the mainline. I needed to back up at the signal a bit then i put the brakes on but the unit moved forwards a tad as i was putting the brakes on and the signal had changed. So i went on reversed into Branksome and headed for Bournemouth then the voyager came and smack.

The activity is 'Coastal Coupling', activity number 32.
Ensure any reverse points disappear etc before moving off. There are shown as small white arrows on the Track Monitor (F4).

Nathan

Ok, ive tried it again same activity and mistake and its all clear signals are green apart from the yellow for the approach to Bournemouth and the reverse points are clear as the points changed. Same crash and problem as before, oops.

Status
Not open for further replies.