• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dorset Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

dcbannerruk.jpg

Dorset Coast v3, is the whole former London & South Western Railway mainline to Weymouth and London Waterloo. RailUK have gained permission to upload the route to our server and now you are able to download the route, we will be monitoring bandwidth however and may have to impose restrictions, hopefully we won't!

Dave Corfield, the author of the route, has also made another route, Thames-Mersey, which is the WCML from London Euston to Liverpool Lime Street.

To download Dorset Coast v3, please download the following 4 files and follow the instructions included within the 4 files. Each file is approximately 55MB.

http://dcoast.railuk.org/Dorset01.zip
http://dcoast.railuk.org/Dorset02.zip
http://dcoast.railuk.org/Dorset03.zip
http://dcoast.railuk.org/Dorset04.zip

Enjoy!

Edit by Coxster: You require the latest t-section.dat file and the UKFineScale track system for this add-on to work. You also need all six default routes. You must also run the install.bat files. See the readme enclosed within the above package for further details.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Snap

Established Member
May as well try it. Does all the stock come included?

Harold

Rich said:
May as well try it. Does all the stock come included?

No, this is just the route itself, although myself and the rest of the DC CD team are working on a v3 CD which will include lots and lots of stock and activities for hours of enjoyment!

Harold.

The Snap

Established Member
Does that mean I need to download the stock from UKTS?? :mad: :(

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Rich said:
Does that mean I need to download the stock from UKTS?? :mad: :(

Yes......................

The Snap

Established Member
matt said:
Yes......................

LOL, UKTS is good, but I just reallt can't be arsed to queue up for the downloads. (Oh, and my MSTS wouldn't even run when I tried to open it ten minutes ago, so no point anyway! :( :( )

richa2002

Established Member
search Trainstore in the UKTS forums and it will tell you. Or you could search for it in the download library and read the description.

The Snap

Established Member
Can someone please list ALL stock/traction needed for the Dorset Coast route, and where I can get it from. :D

Thanks,

Coxster

Established Member
Rich said:
Can someone please list ALL stock/traction needed for the Dorset Coast route, and where I can get it from. :D
You don't need any stock for the basic route. You only need stock if you download any activities. The stock is always listed in the activities' ReadMe files.

The Snap

Established Member
I've just ibnstalled a few actvities for the route, from UKTS. One is the new activity which came out at more or less the same time as v3 - Waterloo to Woking.

However, I get an error about half a mile after Waterloo, and from what I saw of it, it was about UKFineScale, even though I have it installed...?

T

Tom

You must have your sliders low.

Royalscot, the reason why the signalling is inaccurate is due to limitations in MSTS. The signalling was originally accurate in Waterloo - Clapham areas, but signals had to be removed due to a lighting bug in the software. Southampton - Bournemouth is inaccurate due to the problems with 2 aspect signals mixing with 4 aspect signals.

Coxster

Established Member
Rich said:
I've just ibnstalled a few actvities for the route, from UKTS. One is the new activity which came out at more or less the same time as v3 - Waterloo to Woking.

However, I get an error about half a mile after Waterloo, and from what I saw of it, it was about UKFineScale, even though I have it installed...?
Turn your settings down. Waterloo to Clapham is a very 'intense' area, expecially with AI trains and can therfore throw missing object errors up - even though nothing is missing! Dynatrack errors are a common one.

Edit: Beaten to it by TC!

Established Member
I cant get it to work, it jsut doesnt appear in the list on trainsim ,i have tryed three tiem sna dit it doesnt want to know, any ideas?

The Snap

Established Member
Coxster said:
Turn your settings down. Waterloo to Clapham is a very 'intense' area, expecially with AI trains and can therfore throw missing object errors up - even though nothing is missing! Dynatrack errors are a common one.

Edit: Beaten to it by TC!

How do I cange the settings...? :)

Harold

Bloody hell, I know your new to MSTS, but surely you should at least know how to change your settings? :s Right, go to "Options" from the Main menu and click on the Display and Advanced Setting tabs, shown at the top of the screen and change the slider to whatever settings that best suit you.

This should help you. Try Reading the Manual in future.

Harold.

The Snap

Established Member
Harold said:
Bloody hell, I know your new to MSTS, but surely you should at least know how to change your settings? :s Right, go to "Options" from the Main menu and click on the Display and Advanced Setting tabs, shown at the top of the screen and change the slider to whatever settings that best suit you.

This should help you. Try Reading the Manual in future.

Harold.

I am new to MSTS, and yes, I know virtually nothing at all about it (ezcept how to drive the trains...) I hardly ever read manuals, as I always jump in head first and try and do it myself, which is perhaps why things go wrong! :p

devon_metro

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
You must have your sliders low.

Cheers for that TC, and Coxster, i also had the same problem near Linford st Jn! I was surprised by computer didn't wipe out before there :p

nutter

Thank you all for making this route available, even though I've only driven from Waterloo to the next station (sorry don't know the route one bit) I'm astonished at the quaility of the route, except the fact it froze just after the station after waterloo. I have to say it IS better than many payware routes I have. Well Done

nutter

Unfortunatly I have came across a problem. When I leave Reading and go across Reading South Junction the computer either exits (with graphics at max) or just crashes (adjusted object density). Any advice will be very greatful as I had this route running yesterday morning and loved it (I have tried system restore to Saturday night.

Coxster

Established Member
nutter said:
Unfortunatly I have came across a problem. When I leave Reading and go across Reading South Junction the computer either exits (with graphics at max) or just crashes (adjusted object density). Any advice will be very greatful as I had this route running yesterday morning and loved it (I have tried system restore to Saturday night.
Try reducing the settings more. Putting the visibility to just over half solved practically all of the problems I experienced with routes crashing aswell as increasing framerates a lot. It doesn't look too bad either.

Coxster

Established Member
nutter said:
The route seems to be missing loads of textures now aswell <(. I'll have to re-download the route next wednesday when I have time. Thanks for the Advice Coxster
This can happen if you have the sliders too high or you have not run the relevant '.bat' files or followed the instructions included within the 'ReadMe' file.

nutter

I've followed all the instructions. The errors have gone when I moved the sliders (they were about something to do with a 5 storey building i IIRC) but my dad tried going through clapham earlier and he said the track just disapeared and the PC crashed. I'll give it a go next week as I hate my computer at the mo cause it's soooooooo blo*dy slow. Cheers for the advice Coxster

Status
Not open for further replies.