• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Double Back Question Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

b0b

Established Member
from the NRG Instructions step 7:

"Where a routeing specifies that a combination of Maps be used e.g) ER+PN+BD, the route is via any route on that map from the first routeing point to intercept point(s) for the next map without doubling back, then via any route within that map without doubling back."

Do you take that to mean, that the double back rule is applied per map, or to the whole journey?

Taking the London Terminals to Croydon Group example, travel is allowed on SL+SC, is it permitted to travel via Horsham? How about Mitcham Junction?

The instruction ends "This is repeated until the final map is reached then via any route within that map until the final routeing point is reached."

Since this part does not mention doubling back at all, can I travel around map SC (the final map) as much as I like? I'm sure thats unintentional though - but it is how it is written.... :D

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OwlMan

Established Member
No. see page F8 of the NRG>

Peter

If the route code has several maps, route tracing must observe the following rules:
1. Tracing must start at one of the ends of the route code.
2. All maps must be used.
3. Maps must be used in strict sequence, first to last or last to first, according to the
end of the route code where reading began.
4. Tracing may move from map to map only at a point where the two maps touch.
5. Once route tracing has left a map it cannot return to it.
6. Journeys may not double back except between stations which are members of a
routeing point group for interchange or unless an easement permits it

Status
Not open for further replies.