• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Double headed 25's

Status
Not open for further replies.

vidal

Back in my misspent youth I seem to recall a nightly freight working with a pair of (?Cricklewood) 25's. I used to live adjacent to the old CLC line at Flixton - it used to pass about 20:00 or so.

Can anyone remember this working and furnish any details?

Also, last night (15th May) I think I heard a freight on the same line about 10pm - not heard one for years. Any ideas about this one?

James

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
Back in my misspent youth I seem to recall a nightly freight working with a pair of (?Cricklewood) 25's. I used to live adjacent to the old CLC line at Flixton - it used to pass about 20:00 or so.

Can anyone remember this working and furnish any details?

Also, last night (15th May) I think I heard a freight on the same line about 10pm - not heard one for years. Any ideas about this one?

James

Stewartby LBC to Garston Freightliner ..aka "The Fletliner" .......

NorthWestRover

Established Member
I remember that train very well. Used to see it at Padgate and at Froghall Lane where the WCML passed under the CLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.