• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Double headed 450's at Bournemouth Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan

I was approching Pokesdown station and crossing over one of the many numerous bridges. I expected nothing as always but i actually came across two 450s heading to bournemouth. on my return via the Wessex way past Bournemouth depot i sighted the two 450's again stationed in the sidings. I've been told in the past that 450's were never likely to be spotted at Bournemouth depot but obviously Southampton depot instead. Anyone make sense of my sighting?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
When 450s are imported, they are moved from Wembley - Eastleigh, then onwards to Bournemouth, before entering service.

Established Member
yer but that wasnt them i dont think, they might have been used on a waterloo bournemouth run if it was a sunday??? if not i dont know, was it a sunday u saw them on?

Coxster

Established Member
Joe H said:
When 450s are imported, they are moved from Wembley - Eastleigh, then onwards to Bournemouth, before entering service.
They don't run down on their own from Eastleigh though.

Nathan

That would probably explain it then, i passed the depot again and they've been moved from the sidings. whether they were moved into the actual depot im not sure but i wouldnt have been able to see them if they were in the building. I did also spot a truck loaded with new track being unloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.