• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Doubling back on ECML

Status
Not open for further replies.

pethadine82

On Moderation
How far down the ECML can you double back.
For example Pboro to Alexandra palace super saver return is the same price as Pboro to KGX.
There is a maltese cross that appears so I take it that it is valid via London.
Someone told me that it could be as far as Welyn Green.

TIA

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
How far down the ECML can you double back.
For example Pboro to Alexandra palace super saver return is the same price as Pboro to KGX.
There is a maltese cross that appears so I take it that it is valid via London.
Someone told me that it could be as far as Welyn Green.

TIA

Hi,

Travelling from Peterborough, the first station on the line of route for which the Any Permitted fare with a Maltese Cross appears is Welham Green. You'd be correct in assuming that the ticket is valid for use via London.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
For the purposes of clarity, a 'Maltese Cross' does not mean a ticket is valid to, from or via London. It denotes that the cost of cross-London travel by a reasonable route on DLR, LUL and/or FCC (Thameslink) services is included in the cost of the ticket.

In the case of Peterborough-Alexandra Palace, I concur that there are valid routes via London.

Established Member
There is an easement that allows you to double back all the way from Chathill to Newcastle on a Route: Any Permitted ticket. There is also (or used to be) a similar one for a journey from Newcastle to Dunbar, which was valid via Edinburgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.