• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dovetail Games - Train Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter C

Established Member
Hey all, my nephew is obsessed with very specifically the Class 390 Pendolino in Virgin livery. Yep, doesn't count in Green or unbranded - has to be Virgin. Voyagers are no good either.

He is getting a PS4 for his 7th birthday next week. I said I'd get him this game so he can drive the Pendolino, however I'm struggling to work out which game will have it.

Happy to buy the base game if I need to then download it as an add-on. But please if somebody could advise best solution, would be great!

Cheers
Craig
In terms of driving a Pendolino in a sim - you've just missed out on the good one for TS2020. Due to VTWC losing the franchise all Virgin-related content on Steam was removed. Trying to find another Pendoino for TSW is pointless - there isn't one as yet, but there is an older Class 390 for TS2020. Not as detailed as the first one I mentioned, but still good according to many.

-Peter

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bezza49

Thanks Peter. The age isn't an issue I don't think, so if I purchased Train Sim 2020 I can download an "older" add-on of the VT Pendolino?

Esker-pades

Established Member
Thanks Peter. The age isn't an issue I don't think, so if I purchased Train Sim 2020 I can download an "older" add-on of the VT Pendolino?
The older Pendolino has no Virgin livery. There are 3rd party reskins (unofficial mod files) which do a good job, but I'm not sure how they work with a PS4. I've only every played TS2020 with a PC.

Darandio

Established Member
The Pendolino is only available for Train Simulator, this is not available on PS4.

IamTrainsYT

Hey all, my nephew is obsessed with very specifically the Class 390 Pendolino in Virgin livery. Yep, doesn't count in Green or unbranded - has to be Virgin. Voyagers are no good either.

He is getting a PS4 for his 7th birthday next week. I said I'd get him this game so he can drive the Pendolino, however I'm struggling to work out which game will have it.

Happy to buy the base game if I need to then download it as an add-on. But please if somebody could advise best solution, would be great!

Cheers
Craig
you would need: https://store.steampowered.com/app/208343/Train_Simulator_Class_390_EMU_AddOn/
and for the virgin livery: https://www.dpsimulation.org.uk/miscreskins.html (you will have to scroll down to the class 390 virgin reskin)
this is not for PS4. PC only.

Last edited:

Peter C

Established Member
Yes - but as others have said, the older Pendolino doesn't come with a Virgin reskin (but it does come with fictional BR reskins IIRC. Bit strange but hey ho :)).
To get the 390 in a VT livery for TS2020, you need to:
- Buy TS2020
- Buy the Class 390 from Steam (https://store.steampowered.com/app/208343/Train_Simulator_Class_390_EMU_AddOn/)
- Download the VT reskin from DPSimulation (https://www.dpsimulation.org.uk/miscreskins.html , use CTRL+F to search for Class 390 'Virgin')
- Install the reskin (there are several tutorials online for how to do this, I'd recommend this one:

NOTE: TS2020 doesn't work on PS4. Until a Pendolino is released for Train Sim World, the only way you'll be able to drive a 390 in a simulator is on a PC on TS2020.

Hope this helps,

-Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.