• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dreamworlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Julian G

Established Member
86242 said:
joea1 said:
37s, 60s, pfft. You all know that a 159+170+158 on full power leaving Clapham Junction is way better :)

Err - go and see some real trains...
Tell TC that ;)
Apparently he loves plastic and he likes 375

AJP

86242 said:
AJP said:
It proberly does ;) D335 could of proberly been heard in Austrailla!!!!

Still does not beat 37405 leaving Ystrad Mynach heading 'up the valley' ;) HELLFIRE

D335 has to stopcall the signal man then goes up like mountain near Bury now that is the definition of Hellfire!!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
joea1, can you honesty tell us you prefer bog units to loco-hauled trains? If so, :shock: . First person I know that does then. 158s and 159s preferred over English Electric and Brush locos...DISGUSTING!

*Walks off shaking head, wondering what the world is coming to when there are people who prefer units to locos...*

RJ

Established Member
86242 said:
joea1 said:
37s, 60s, pfft. You all know that a 159+170+158 on full power leaving Clapham Junction is way better :)

Think that you'll find that they are more real than locomotives which I rarely see :).

Waiting in some far corner of the country for a 37
joea1 said:
86242 said:
joea1 said:

Think that you'll find that they are more real than locomotives which I rarely see :).

You need to go looking for proper locos. Sadly now the valley 37s are over if you want to see/ride/bash/photo real locos you have to go to Scotland ;)

RJ

Established Member
Lol I was just kidding about preferring units to locos! Although give me a 170 over a 90 anyday. Electric locos bore me! And I do like the modern diesel units!

Met Driver

Established Member
joea1 said:
I was just kidding about preferring units to locos! Although give me a 170 over a 90 anyday. Electric locos bore me! And I do like the modern diesel units!

Could that be the most contradictory post ever? ;) :lol:

Julian G

Established Member
FGWFan said:
joea1, can you honesty tell us you prefer bog units to loco-hauled trains? If so, :shock: . First person I know that does then. 158s and 159s preferred over English Electric and Brush locos...DISGUSTING!

*Walks off shaking head, wondering what the world is coming to when there are people who prefer units to locos...*
I'm no.2 :P
Trains I prefer:
Turbo leaving the station
Cl319 leaving the station on AC or DC mode <D
Cl313 (Reliable Units-always on time)
Any loco that I have seen on the WLL
Cl37,47,59,60,66,67,73,92
Cl350
Cl377/2
Any 87s GBRF has
Cl90022,039
HEX, Stansted Express
Cl317511, (the first time I went on that , the panto was hellfire!!)
Trains I dislike:
Cl86s- Sorry they don't interest me at all
Cl390- Airbus 390
Cl47841- Sorry you didn't impress me at Clapham

AJP

joea1 said:
Lol I was just kidding about preferring units to locos! Although give me a 170 over a 90 anyday. Electric locos bore me! And I do like the modern diesel units!

I agree mate, electrics suck!! Sheds sound better, (OK bit extreme) :lol:

T

Tom

Julian G said:
86242 said:
joea1 said:

Tell TC that ;)
I gave you the choice of a 1967TS and a 375.

You said 1967TS. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Julian G

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
Julian G said:
86242 said:
joea1 said:

Tell TC that ;)
I gave you the choice of a 1967TS and a 375.

You said 1967TS. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Of course I said 1967TS :)
I like the way ATO brakes the train to a halt

Of course 86242, Overhead Electric sound good! :D

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Julian G said:
FGWFan said:

I'm no.2 :P
Trains I prefer:
Turbo leaving the station
Cl319 leaving the station on AC or DC mode <D
Cl313 (Reliable Units-always on time)
Any loco that I have seen on the WLL
Cl37,47,59,60,66,67,73,92
Cl350
Cl377/2
Any 87s GBRF has
Cl90022,039
HEX, Stansted Express
Cl317511, (the first time I went on that , the panto was hellfire!!)
Trains I dislike:
Cl86s- Sorry they don't interest me at all
Cl390- Airbus 390
Cl47841- Sorry you didn't impress me at Clapham

A non-impressive 47? :shock:

Unit fans, DISGUSTING! And yes Seth, I'd say that was 2006's most contradictive post yet on this forum. And we're only in January!

RJ

Established Member
Basically I think electric locos are boring. I prefer diesel units to electric locos, and prefer diesel locos to all!

AJP

All together now:

'Oh diesels we do'
'Oh diesels we do'
'Oh diesels we do'
'Oh diesels we do'
'Oh diesels we love you'

AJP said:
86242 said:
AJP said:
joea1 said:

I agree mate, electrics suck!! Sheds sound better, (OK bit extreme) :lol:

Electrics sounds great.

http://locoscene.co.uk/images/tn_loco_1102699401.jpg

How it should be ;)

May you be forgiven ;)

That is 86261 which was one of the first locos ever painted in EWS

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Adding once again to my dreamworld...2-hourly or hourly rail service from Kington to Hereford, via Leominster if necessary, and onwards via Hampton Park, Hampton Bishop, Mordiford and Fownhope to Ross-on-Wye and Gloucester. Only reason I'd need this is to get to Hereford much more easily, the bit onto Gloucester via Fownhope I guess comes from having walked 7 - 8 miles from Hereford rail station to Fownhope via Tesco in the city centre. Quite tiring!

evil_hippo

I've given myself a thought actually. Here's an awful nightmare to have: Being trapped in Lancashire with no escape to Yorkshire!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
That wouldn't be good!

Got to admit, last night I had the most funked up dream to date. It includes FSR Pacers at a Waverley-like station to begin with, this turned into a station I've never seen a layout like with freight-only lines behind it, a GBRf 66 hauling through a stone train that swapped for a steam loco SB towards Berwick, 170/1s in the current CT/MML livery...Followed soon by the most crazy 12-floor house that ended up turning into a pre-Beeching style map of Ireland with lines all over the shop. How it turned into this house, which was inhabited by all sorts of freaky characters I'll never know...

Might not sound too freaky your end, but I was glad to wake up at 1017! FSR Pacers, :shock: . I think the only sensible part of it was a 220/221 parked near where the steam loco and Pacer was.

Just had to get that out of my system, it was doing my head in.

FGWFan said:
Got to admit, last night I had the most funked up dream to date. It includes FSR Pacers at a Waverley-like station to begin with, this turned into a station I've never seen a layout like with freight-only lines behind it, a GBRf 66 hauling through a stone train that swapped for a steam loco SB towards Berwick, 170/1s in the current CT/MML livery...Followed soon by the most crazy 12-floor house that ended up turning into a pre-Beeching style map of Ireland with lines all over the shop. How it turned into this house, which was inhabited by all sorts of freaky characters I'll never know...

Might not sound too freaky your end, but I was glad to wake up at 1017! FSR Pacers, :shock: . I think the only sensible part of it was a 220/221 parked near where the steam loco and Pacer was.

Have you gone mad ;)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
It's all this non-spotting and non-HST riding...12 days since my last HST bash, 9 days since my last proper spotting trip too. Still, only 5 days to go before my next spotting trip can be made, and I will make sure I get a HST in there somewhere! If you happen to be around Newport and see a HST on Monday or Tuesday next week, expect me to be there somewhere shouting 'HELLFIRE!'...

It's been too long since a proper thrash down the GWML, it's beginning to be well overdue and resulting in me spending too much time on forums...

Status
Not open for further replies.