• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Drinking & eating in buxton

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good morning,

I am considering going on a diesel railtour to Buxton in a few weeks, it's using the rare Peak Forest route which I have not done before. We should have two hours in Buxton which is not a town I really know. Does anyone know if there are any good, cheap places with easy walking distance of the station to get a late lunch and beer/wine? Many Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The winter gardens restaurant serve some great food and beers. All local beers and very high quality food...but quite cheap!
The stations on the hill really, just a small walk down in to the shopping area and the best place to go is the gardens and park,where the winter gardens and swimming baths are!

Chapeltom

Established Member
JD Wetherspoons in the town is OK, some beers I've had in there have been crap.

The Railway pub is also a decent ale pub. Ramsay's Real Ale Bar is supposed to be good as well.

Hunt our Buxton Brewery's beers while in the town it is a class brewery and is a cut above most micros: http://www.buxtonbrewery.co.uk/find-our-beer/ - I've not had a bad one of there's to date.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
That's great, thank you everyone, looks like there will be plenty of places to choose, if I do go on the railtour which I am pretty certain I will do now. The Peak Forest Route sounds very interesting and a bit different too. Rgds.

Status
Not open for further replies.