• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Driver assessments transferable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benbow

A simple question I hope!

I have passed most of the driver assessments with SWT. I narrowly failed the Structured Interview and have been told I can go back in six months and try it again.

In the mean time I have another application "Awaiting Shortlisting" with FCC. Would FCC recognise the assessments I've passed with SWT? If so, I thought I might email them to bring it to their attention ;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Beveridges

Established Member
Structured interview fail counts as an assessment fail unless you meant you failed the line manager interview

Benbow

Structured interview fail counts as an assessment fail unless you meant you failed the line manager interview

I failed the Structured Interview. What I meant was, SWT won't make me do the other tests again (TRP 1&2, Group Bourdon, Reaction and RVCE). They say those passes are valid for three years. My question is, will other TOCs, and in particular FCC, recognise my passes in these tests too?

TDK

Established Member
I failed the Structured Interview. What I meant was, SWT won't make me do the other tests again (TRP 1&2, Group Bourdon, Reaction and RVCE). They say those passes are valid for three years. My question is, will other TOCs, and in particular FCC, recognise my passes in these tests too?

ask them

W230

Established Member
I think that you would have to wait 6 months to take the structured interview again with any company as I thought it counted as an assessment centre fail?

Give 'em a ring though - no harm in trying! :)

Beveridges

Established Member
I actually failed the Structured Interview but passed the rest the first time I went to the assessment centre, and on my next attempt, paid for privately by myself, I had to resit th lot, so even the assessment centers tend to make you resit the lot

Status
Not open for further replies.