• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Driver manager interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

revenueadvice

Hey just looking for a bit of advice.

I have passed all the tests for train driver and now I am awaiting a date for the driver manager interview. So I am looking for a bit of advice as how to best prepare for that.

I have spoken to someone who passed an interview within the last 12 months and he said he was asked about hill starts. Does anyone know of any other technical questions that may come up?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EazyGuy

Wow, really? That's worrying, I didn't think such technical knowledge was required at this stage.

Dave1987

On Moderation
Well that's entirely traction dependent, so I don't see how you could be expected to have that knowledge.

Johncleesefan

This guy must be yanking your chain. You cant be expected to know that unless your already a driver. I sat my dm interview last year.

Do your homework on the company because real questions you may be asked are ceo? Routes and network knowledge. How many stations and depot. Where are main depots. Awards the company has. Future plans. Their vision or mission statement.

Wikipedia is your friend as much as the company website. Print everything you see relevent and highlight key facts. Write them in your own words. All this helped me prepare and i passed ??????

Best of luck

evoice

I believe it's for thameslink. If yes then your friend is correct. It's just common sense really. Similar to how do you hill start your car.
As everyone says, maximum preparation for company and its related information. Also lots of examples.
Good luck. Be calm and relaxed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.