• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Driver Manager interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

scally

Hi all

Does anybody know that if you fail a trainee train drivers manager interview but pass the structured interview, would this count as a one of your chances at the driver assessment??

Thanks

Dave.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

W230

Established Member
But the structured interview does count?
The structured interview is part of the assessments. If you fail it then you fail your assessment.

The manger's interview is a conventional job interview. You don't fail it as such, more you are unsuccessful at the interview. No different to if you failed a job interview in any job...

david_VI

Ah. I had hoped the interview didn't count as one of your chances! Probably the most difficult part of the process then, considering you're having to react to humans and not just a premade test!.. Eeek

scally

True!

I wonder if the structured interview is as really bad as it sounds.

From what I've researched, it seems to be very intense and they really grill you.

MR_P

Must be quite interesting being the interviewer, probably get to hear some fascinating stories!

TDK

Established Member
Must be quite interesting being the interviewer, probably get to hear some fascinating stories!

Been there and got the T shirt and yes you do get some interesting answers totally diverse from what was entered on to the application form

jj2389

Hey TDK, can you confirm the questions you are asked? And when you get given the questionnaire form? Right before the interview or sent in the post for you to fill and bring to the interview?

Will appriciate all your help.

Regards,

LCC106

Established Member
Not wishing to be a killjoy but I believe it's the not knowing what questions to expect that really helps to identify those with a greater aptitude who can cope with the demands of the job... That said, TDK is best placed to answer here I'm sure.

In my experience, the question sheet was given to me on the day and I went practically straight in to the structured interview. Good luck to all!

34Short

Hi all

Does anybody know that if you fail a trainee train drivers manager interview but pass the structured interview, would this count as a one of your chances at the driver assessment??

Thanks

Dave.

Join the club - I applied for an apprenticeship with DB Schenker last year. Passed the Driver Competency Assessment and structured interview. I was told I was now eligible to learn to drive.

I failed the Managers interview (The position was for a trainee Operational Manager at Margam). Failed that.

Now it's just the waiting game - I'm going nowhere until Trainee positions appear, but they don't exactly crop up every week.

I was also annoyed that I didn't even get a look-in when applying with Northern or First! Whenever I applied, I was given a resounding 'No' a day or so after the closing date...

Status
Not open for further replies.