• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Driver Resources Allocator - FCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tav77

I have seen this job advertised and wondered what H18 procedures are. Could anyone advise me please?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bezzer

I have seen this job advertised and wondered what H18 procedures are. Could anyone advise me please?

H18 refers to Hidden 18, the regulations that govern Driver's hours.

On the 12th December 1988 3 trains collided outside Clapham Junction. Anthony Hidden QC investigated on behalf of the government and came up with 93 recommendations!! Number 18 refers to driver's overtime, requiring it to be monitored so that driver's are not wroking excessive hours.

Therefore Guidance in the Safety Critical Work Regulations 1994 is based upon the ‘Hidden Recommendation 18’ from the Clapham Junction railway incident of 1988.

The recommendations are: a maximum of 12 hours per duty; 12 hours rest between duties; a maximum of 72 hours per week; and a maximum of 13 consecutive duties

I assume that you will have some responsiblity for ensuring that systems are in place to make sure this regs are complied with.

jon0844

Veteran Member
On the paperwork I have here, H18 refers to special fried rice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.