• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Driver routes

Status
Not open for further replies.

W230

Established Member
How often does it happen where the signaler routes a train onto a different route/into a different siding/platform then it turns out the driver doesn't sign where the train is being routed to?
It's more common to be "wrong routed" but actually sign the route (but just not be going to that destination on that service) than to be wrong routed and not actually sign the route at all.

Though that's at my TOC where we do metro/suburban so sign lots of diversionary bits and bobs just rarely use them. I suppose a wrong route for a more "intercity" TOC would be potentially more likely to not even be signed?

But only the other day I was asked to take an empty train in to a depot I don't sign so I suppose it does happen! :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.