• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Driver's door open whilst train moving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
No, they're just anti-Khan, so anything to try and make the administration look bad.

Shame TfL didn't call them on it really. "Yes, the driver can have his door open, stop snitching".

I wish they had done that rather than talking of investigations, which aren't needed because AIUI it is permitted for them to drive with the door open. I've seen it loads.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BestWestern

Established Member
It was quite common in the breadvan era that drivers had a seperate cab door and they would drive around with that open too.

We had some of those, absolute joy! As for having the passenger door open, you'd get booked for that - and indeed I was! :D

Domh245

Established Member
Don't know re the door, but the high-intensity headlight is only ever on one side on any UK train.

Until recently. 700s and 800s (and derivatives of) have both headlights illuminated at all times. I've also seen 66s retrofitted with the new lights similarly running with two headlights. There was also the old HST clusters which often had the two headlights on.

Do they run with them lit on both sides? (Many trains *have* them on both sides, but only one is lit at a time).

Used to. As seen in the image of the 800, the newly fitted LED clusters operate with one HID lamp on, but the older style clusters do have both illuminated

ComUtoR

Established Member
Not forgetting the Cyclops eye too.

*edit* Had something head towards me with 4 headlights this evening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.