• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Driver's Ear Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sad Sprinter

Established Member
I've seen drivers wearing them a lot lately, I thought they were wearing headphones listening to music! I've seen them most often on the Northern Line, and wonder if it has to do with the dire section between South Wimbeldon and Morden. (The sound of hell opening up)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

choochoochoo

Established Member
How often is a LU train operator medical ? and is hearing tested on each medical ?

Dstock7080

Established Member
How often is a LU train operator medical ? and is hearing tested on each medical ?
Medicals are supposed to be undertaken every 5 years, however a simple medical questionnaire can be substituted for one, meaning a full medical only occurs every 10 years.
Drivers reaching 60 years of age are required to have a medical each year. There certainly are some LU drivers aged 70-72 still going, having successfully passed the annual medicals.

Hearing tests are certainly undertaken at full medicals.

Status
Not open for further replies.