• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Drivers' hours regulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teflon Lettuce

Established Member
I'm currently trying to find detailed rules- both domestic and eu - for bus drivers. However I can only find general guidance. Can anyone help with a link for full and detailed rules?

many thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lrd

Established Member
Presumably you're talking about EU rules

Stand time is "other work" so doesn't count towards driving time ever. Driving time is when the vehicle is moving. You can do up to 6 hours of driving/other work before needing to take a working time directive break.

But the only way to keep track of this on most current tachos is by doing a print out. So is not recommended as you can easily mess it up and go over your hours. Unless you have a Volvo that also keeps track of actual driving time but even then I wouldn't rely wholly on that.

Stan Drews

Established Member
No sorry that is the same overview that CatfordCat pointed me to above... as I said before I'm looking for the manual/ document that gives all the minute details... eg when can stand time be discounted when working out driving time

The PSV375 is the official document from DVSA, and it also provides the various legal acts that define the EU/Domestic drivers hours rules, so feel free to look up the legal documents and interpret them for yourself, if you don't believe the official guidance does enough for you.
Is there a particular argument you are trying to prove/disprove, or are you just curious?

Status
Not open for further replies.