• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DRS 37 short set and 47 electric drags

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Hello all,

Just some questions as I don't know the Wherry Lines operations well:

1. The drivers are DRS crew, but on both the short set and the class 47 electric drag, is it Abellio guards? And I guess DRS drivers already sign the route as they do RHTT work on the Yarmouth route? Are the drivers based at Norwich?

2. Do Class 47's still do the class 90 drags in Summer Saturdays? I thought I heard something about it being cut back as a London- Norwich instead of a through Yarmouth service?

3. With the Short Set still running, I assume GA are still short for units?

Any help is appreciated, it's for a Train Sim video project. Any help on the history of Loco hauled services to Yarmouth will be helpful as well, such as the last LHCS before the GA class 47 short set started

James.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Drivers are AGA crew, as are the guards. Locos and coaches leased from DRS as you mention to cover dmu shortfalls. Electric drags are no more, 2012 was the last year I believe? One of my Norwich friends may be able to correct me on that.

AJM580

Class 47 drags ran up to the end of the 2014 summer, with the 37s working non-stop Norwich - Yarmouth from 2015 onwards. Prior to the DRS Mk IIs, the 47s used to top and tail two Mk IIIs and a DVT that were spare on Crown Point. In dire emergencies other DRS locos weren't unknown - both 20304 and 57004 were seen substituting for 47s during Feb 2010.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
All crew are Abellio Greater Anglia staff, I know one of the drivers who regularly finds himself on such services! One of the higher driver links I believe, not sure about guards.

No more Mk3 set drags, they ended a couple of summers ago.

Loco hauled set here at least until the end of the franchise, if not longer.

TP

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Thank you very much! Didn't know they had a batch of AGA drivers signed off for Class 37's.

Did they sign the 47's for the drags as well (then again didn't they have crew for their own 47's?) I remember seeing one driver on the one time I did the drags in 2012 wearing a DRS high-viz, not to say it was an actual DRS driver though

HLE

Established Member
Thank you very much! Didn't know they had a batch of AGA drivers signed off for Class 37's.

Did they sign the 47's for the drags as well (then again didn't they have crew for their own 47's?) I remember seeing one driver on the one time I did the drags in 2012 wearing a DRS high-viz, not to say it was an actual DRS driver though

Believe they were. Mixed traction link at Norwich. Link 1 equivalent so I hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.