• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DRS 37 &Teal Coach through LTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

asylumxl

Established Member
Just saw this pass through around 1455 on the fast lines heading south.Strangely I could swear it was pushing the coach.

Anyone have any what coach it was and where it was heading?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
You will have seen former NSE inspection saloon 975025 "Caroline". This vehicle can, and usually is, propelled by one of DRS' 37s to assist in drivers learning a route, and probably other inspection duties as well I would imagine.

http://www.departmentals.com/photo/975025-5

I don't know what it is up to today though.

D1009

Established Member
Was booked to run today from Ealing Broadway to Ealing Broadway via the Greenford loop, Old Oak Common, Swindon, Bath, Bristol Parkway, Swindon, Melksham, Newbury back to Ealing Broadway, but was aborted due to severe disruption because of a points failure at Hayes.

coxy

I believe I saw this working earlier this afternoon, just to the west of Maidenhead and heading east around 16:15pm.

I couldn't see the loco number, but it was a DRS Class 37 at the front, with an inspection coach on the rear.

145Derek

37409 was the loco hauling/propelling it. Ran pretty much to time throughout the day as planned. About the only train running to time at the TV end of the Western this morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.