• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DRS Locomotive stabled at York

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMS 4F

Once again a DRS class 66 is stabled at York alongside platform 11. One was there last week but moved off before the weekend.
My question is what are they there for, is it a thunderbird covering their services or are they for driver training. If it is the latter then they don't do much and if the former where was the cover at the weekend?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Once again a DRS class 66 is stabled at York alongside platform 11. One was there last week but moved off before the weekend.
My question is what are they there for, is it a thunderbird covering their services or are they for driver training. If it is the latter then they don't do much and if the former where was the cover at the weekend?
The last times I was in York I saw it tucked away up in the Scarborough bay platform (#2). It may have even been a DR'S 68 in blue TPE livery (ill have to check though).

When you say alongside platform 11, do you mean it is in the spur adjacent to no. 11 Road?
(hopefully picture of it below)
York Station - 11-05-20 - 1630.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.