• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DRS Stowmarket

Status
Not open for further replies.

The One

Apart from the RHTT work what other work do this depot do during rest of the year.

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mwest123

Apart from the RHTT work what other work do this depot do during rest of the year.

Cheers
DRS Stowmarket generally do shunting, loco hauls to and from Crewe and York (and other major DRS engineering bases, often via Willesden) and engineering possessions in the GEML area, for example they did one at Great Bentley a few weeks ago with the famous Concrete Bob. Sorry you haven't got a reply, there are only a handful of drivers at Stowmarket depot. It is hours based so during the spring and summer you get basically the whole time off apart from a couple of moves to and from Crewe here and there, but in the autumn and winter you work flat out with RHTTs. Hope this helps. If you are applying, I would highly recommend it if you don't mind working flat out in the autumn and winter and love a good old 37!

:)

The One

Thank you for your reply how many week ends you get rostered i assume you must work to a roster eg 13 week roster

Cheers

mwest123

Thank you for your reply how many week ends you get rostered i assume you must work to a roster eg 13 week roster

Cheers
I don't work for DRS so I wouldn't know that. Someone from another depot or DRS recruitment may be able to help as AFAIK there are a few vacancies up on the careers page for drivers, possibly with that information. Hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.