• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DRS Train Person Vacancies Carlisle and Crewe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bogtrotter

Having read the advert looks like trainee drivers but starting off as a trainperson. You have to pass a series of tests and if successful in those you then do the psychometric as well.
If you go to the 4th page of the advert it explains the recruitment process and all the stages there.

loobylou

is this for a qulifiled driver or a trainee driver position?

It's for both. The top advert is an ongoing vacancy for qualified drivers (which I'm seriously considering) and the bottom one if for the trainperson. I'm not too sure what that entails but it kind of sounds like a guard with the possibility of promotion to driver, I assume. Good luck, I've sent this job to a few of my friends who are interested in the position at Crewe.

Tubeboy

Trainperson according to the job spec sounds like a shunters job with potential to get into the driving grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.