• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DRS Train Person

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddy72

Did anyone apply for the recent positions that were available and if so have you heard anything back?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Salesy

I just had an email today informing me that I have been shortlisted and will be invited by the OPC to conduct some online assessments.

Good luck everyone.

welladjusted

I have received the same email Salesy.

Does anyone know what is involved in the online tests?

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
Is the role actually termed “trainperson” now ?

What was wrong with Trainman, didn’t stop a number of ladies doing the job previously.

Salesy

Hey guys, just did my VSE and Situational Judgement tests.

Good luck everyone.

DRS66421

Did anyone get their practice test material attached to the email from Jo Lawrence today? Thanks.

welladjusted

Must say I found the Visual Search part 3 really challenging. Much more so than anything I have completed on paper previously. I will now be quite surprised if I got through!

Golfer

Hi just going to do the online assessments ,been practicing ,any tips ??I have never sat anything like this before and feeling very nervous about it .Is the online much harder than the practice oh and does it take an hour each test??

Stigy

Established Member
Hi just going to do the online assessments ,been practicing ,any tips ??I have never sat anything like this before and feeling very nervous about it .Is the online much harder than the practice oh and does it take an hour each test??
If memory serves me, the tests take barely 20 minutes rather than the allotted hour they say to allow for.

I didn’t find them as complex as I thought they’d be when I did them for Freightliner last year. I even completely lost the screen on one of them when my phone rang and still passed (it was synced to the computer which I forgot about!). Good luck!

Golfer

If memory serves me, the tests take barely 20 minutes rather than the allotted hour they say to allow for.

I didn’t find them as complex as I thought they’d be when I did them for Freightliner last year. I even completely lost the screen on one of them when my phone rang and still passed (it was synced to the computer which I forgot about!). Good luck!
Thanks

Buddy72

What’s the chances of being able to complete the tests on a phone? Struggling to get access to a PC.

Golfer

What’s the chances of being able to complete the tests on a phone? Struggling to get access to a PC.
I would recommend using a pc as i don’t think the iPad would work the way it’s laid out good luck ,,maybe try a local library

Last edited:

Stigy

Established Member
They recommend a PC and a mouse for ease of use. You might be okay, but not sure I’d risk it.

Tricky1972

I used a laptop and trackpad to my huge regret. Going backwards and forwards on Task 3 was interesting. Task 1 and 2 was OK. It'll depend on how many were shortlisted and how many people they are taking on at each Depot. The SJT is just psychological profiling for the type of person they want. Do they want a self motivating person or a team player - depends on the company.

Golfer

The next part is on the 18th or 19th september so does that mean we will get results quicker than the 20 days stayed in email ??

Tricky1972

The next part is on the 18th or 19th september so does that mean we will get results quicker than the 20 days stayed in email ??

Deadline is today at 5pm so hopefully find out by Friday??? Surely it's only OPC number bashing. They must already know their threshold requirements.

8stewartt

Have sat the online tests yesterday. If through I should be able to skip the rest of the tests as my tests I sat last year are still valid according to DRS.

How many did people get wrong in the VSE? I got 0 wrong part 1, 3 wrong part 2, and in part 3 got 4 wrong on the shapes and about 5/6 wrong on the dots. Averages out about 90%+ so hoping the pass mark isn't too high.

Golfer

Have sat the online tests yesterday. If through I should be able to skip the rest of the tests as my tests I sat last year are still valid according to DRS.

How many did people get wrong in the VSE? I got 0 wrong part 1, 3 wrong part 2, and in part 3 got 4 wrong on the shapes and about 5/6 wrong on the dots. Averages out about 90%+ so hoping the pass mark isn't too high.
I prob got about the same as you wrong so I was thinking that I’d failed but you never know so fingers crossed .It was the first time I’d done this type of test and if I took them again I’d expect to do a lot better .good luck hopefully find out soon enough

LRV3004

Hey guys (and girls possibly?), how's everyone doing? Well done to everyone going through the testing and application process so far! It's long and gruelling but well worth it in the end!
I'm a Train Person for DRS and hopefully I'll be mentoring the successful candidates eventually! Anyone on here applied for Crewe?

Tricky1972

I have applied for Crewe but have heard nothing yet. Don't know if that's a good or bad sign. Was shortlisted but have heard nothing since deadline last Tuesday after online assessments.

Last edited:

LRV3004

I have applied for Crewe but have heard nothing yet. Don't know if that's a good or bad sign. Was shortlisted but have heard nothing since deadline last Tuesday after online assessments.
When I applied, after I'd done the online tests, I then received a telephone call inviting me to interview, but I can't remember how long it came after completion of the tests! A friend of mine was unfortunately unsuccessful after the online tests, and was notified by e-mail; again, I cannot remember how long after the tests it was I'm afraid. ‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.