• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Drs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demps

I just being out n seen altogether, 37610 37259 37605, they will prob be at carlisle kingmoor for the night ! w00t, i seen ema year ago so this is only the second time i have seen 3 drs 37's in a row WHAT A SOUND. oh and a DRS related question, what are the drs 47's used for ?, i only seen them light engine in pairs

For those of us who speak English not 13375p34k, I have helpfully translated this post: I've just been out and seen altogether, 37610, 37259, 37605. They will probarbly be at Carlisle Kingmoor for the night. I saw them a year ago, so this is only the second time I have seen 3 DRS 37s in a row. What a sound! Oh and a DRS related question: what are the DRS 47s used for? I've only seen them light engine in pairs.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
Are you sure that it wasn't 37612, 37259 and 37218? The 47s turn up on pretty much any misc service, or on damaged flats for repair.

Demps

Lol mate i live on the Carlisle barrow line, i get drs sht every day at least twice with filled flasks running usually monday to wednesday and the empties returning north on the rest. Its usually a 37 and 20 but ocassionally there are different formations, about 2 years ago i seen two 37's and two 47's pulling only 3 flasks abviously a stragegic move to kingmoor. Hopefully when i go out tonight i will se some DRS stuff coming through workington.

ikar

Demps said:
Lol mate i live on the Carlisle barrow line, i get drs sht every day at least twice with filled flasks running usually monday to wednesday and the empties returning north on the rest. Its usually a 37 and 20 but ocassionally there are different formations, about 2 years ago i seen two 37's and two 47's pulling only 3 flasks abviously a stragegic move to kingmoor. Hopefully when i go out tonight i will se some DRS stuff coming through workington.

09/05 6C53 had 2x37's and 2x20's... Well sometimes you might be lucky.

TicketMan

Demps said:

Not fair - I wanna live there :(

I vollunteer on the R&ER so i'm up there about once a month.

Demps

yeh it sounds all good, but u gotta know the times, you can be left standing for hours n not seeing anything worthwhile, the traffic on the branch consists of a lot of 156's and 153's, then steelworks trains which operate on a regular basis, on a night time about 8-8.30 it is often a 60 but the rest is usualy 66's, (this comes from corus steelworksds are workington), then there is a class 66 on enterprize from workington dock every weekday at 12.00 (comes from the workington docks with containers UBS etc. But as said above the delight is the DRS stuff. oh n the tampers and occasional ballast trains.

there just so ya know lol :D

TicketMan

Oh the joys of burger vans (153s) up the coast line:rolleyes:

I hear the Workington steelworks is closing soon - make the most of it while you can. :(

Some beautiful stretches of line up there tho - if your prepared to wait three days for a 'shot' :D

Demps

i havent heard its closing :o hmm, why ? it will be missed especially for the 60's

Craig

Established Member
The DRS 47s are the the XHKM pool which is the DRS spare/standby locomotive pool, so they can be used to cover for pretty much anything.

I've often seen them running across the the Tyne Valley to/from Seaton and Haverton Hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.