• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dusseldorf International variety (with some special schemes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Hello all,

Spent a week at Dusseldorf and a bit of time at Cologne last week as a gift for for my 32nd birthday, a couple of days at the airport and the rest doing 'other' things. Was a surprise trip so didn't even know what airport we touched down on until we got to the gate :o

Flew to Cologne on the 3rd March on Ryanair from Bristol as it was supposed to be on the direct link to Dusseldorf with FlyBMI, but they disappeared so it was Cologne then a couple trains/trams to the Wartburg Airport Hotel on the outskirts of Dusseldorf International Airport, which was great for logging planes at the end of a day as they went right over the hotel.

Next day took the bus to the airport (though you could walk it) and up to the viewing deck which was closed to to extreme weather, well it was rather windy outside. Plan B, looked at the Spotting Guide side and Spot 2 was on top of one of the multi-storey car parks.

Went up there and it was ABSOLUTELY windy as heck! It also hammered down a couple of times but not for long, it was just extremely blowy which made trying to hold the camera still impossible, so some shot's I've already thrown away, the ones below aren't going to be excellent but they are, I hope, passable (I know I used the wrong ISO settings again didn't I :()

Haven't had much chance to look at the ones later in the week from the viewing deck, but I think they look better.

Still, I hope you enjoy the mix of airliners and special liveries :)

Nice to see a classic 737-400! Boeing B737-400 SP-LLG, new with LOT Polish Airlines in 1997, departs on flight LO410 to Warsaw.

Eurowings Airbus A320 D-AEWK with 'Kvarner - Croatia' stickers, is seen on pushback working flight EW9338 to Newcastle.

Flybe Dash 8 Q400 G-ECOI is seen taxiing to the runway on flight BE7042 to Birmingham.

The colours of the Brussels Airlines livery still remains, as this was used on a joint Flybe/Brussels Airlines operation between 2012 and 2017, with Flybe providing the crew, pilots and engineering support.

Turkish Airlines Airbus A321 is seen taking off from Runway 23L on flight TK1524 to Istanbul Ataturk.

Delta Air Lines Boeing B767-400(ER) N840MH is seen taking off from Dusseldorf Airport on flight DL91 to Atlanta.

Eurowings Airbus A330-300 OO-SFJ, operated by Lufthansa Groups Brussels Airlines, is seen taking off from Dusseldorf Airport on flight ZD1112 to Newark Liberty International airport.

Lufthansa Airbus A320 Neo D-AINO, delivered in December 2018 and wearing the new scheme, is seen taking off from runway 23L on flight LH77 to Frankfurt.

Tunisair Boeing B737-600 TS-IOK is seen taxiing to the runway on flight TU6539 to Djerba.

Ukraine International Airlines Boeing B737-800 UR-PSG, new in 1999 with Jet Airways and transferred to UIA in 2013, is seen arriving on flight PS411 from Kiev.

TUI Fly Boing B737-800 D-ATUG, wearing the rather bright TUI Magic Life livery, is seen taxiing to the runway on flight X36122 to Hurghada International Airport, Egypt.

Eithad Boeing B787-9 Dreamliner A6-BLQ, operating vice Airbus A330, is seen landing on runway 23L on flight EY29 from Abu Dhabi.

The return EY30 flight was cancelled and the 787 returned to Abu Dhabi on a positioning flight at 10pm the following day.

Emirates Airbus A380 A6-EOS wearing the Dubai Expo 2020 livery is seen landing on runway 23L on flight EK55 from Dubai.

Condor Airbus A320 D-AICH, new in 1999, is seen taxiing to runway 23L on the Mondays and Saturdays flight DE1556 to Jerez Airport, Spain.

Airbus collection

Onur Air Airbus A320 TC-ODC, wearing the GGM Gastro International livery, is seen taxiing to the gate on flight 8Q415 from Istanbul.

Jet Time Boeing B737-700 OY-JTS is seen taxiing to the gate operating a SAS flight SK1627 from Stockholm.

TUI Fly Boeing B737-800 D-ATUI wearing TUI Group's 'Robinson Club Resorts' advertising livery, is seen taxiing to Runway 27L on flight X32114 to Gran Canaria Airport, Spain.

All Nippon Airways Boeing B787-9 Dreamliner JA892A touches down on runway 23R at Dusseldorf on the daily flight NH209 from Tokyo.

Eurowings Airbus A320 D-AEWM, wearing the Eurowings Boomerang Club livery, is seen taxiing to the gate at Dusseldorf on flight EW9361 from Glasgow.

Condor Boeing B757-300 D-ABOB is seen taxiing to the parking stand at Dusseldorf on positioning flight DE4800 from Hannover. The 757 had worked a flight from Tenerife the day before, usually an A320 turn, and flew out the next day to Antalya.

S7 Airlines Boeing B737-800 is seen taxiing to runway 23L on flight S7992 to Moscow.

Eurowings Airbus A320 D-AIZR, wearing the Borussia Dortmund livery, is seen taxiing to the gate at Dusseldorf Airport on flight EW9731 from Wroclaw.

Eurowings Airbus A330-200 D-AXGF, operated by Sun Express Deutschland, is seen taking off at Dusseldorf Airport on flight EW1152 to Bridgetown Airport, Barbados.

I hope you liked them, and I can bore you again with some others from the viewing terrace when I went there later in the week.

Thanks for looking!

James.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DelW

Established Member
Was a surprise trip so didn't even know what airport we touched down on until we got to the gate :o

James.
Not wishing to be picky, but how's that possible? Every flight I've been on, there have been multiple announcements at the departure gate and on-board, saying something like " ...welcome to this xxx-operated flight to yyyy...". I've always assumed they're to ensure no-one ends up on the wrong flight, but they'd be hard to miss.

While you were there, did you try the Sky Train (hanging railway) connection between terminals and main-line station? It's not as good as the Wuppertal Schwebebahn, but it's still an interesting oddity (and free IIRC).

Sorry I haven't commented on your photo's - I'm sure they're good, but I'm afraid I view aircraft the same way some people view trains, they're a good way of getting somewhere but I can't get excited about them ;).

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Well my friend who booked it came along, walked to the gate with my head down so I couldn't see the screen's but they were broken anyway, I think the PA system was down too as there was no annoucements (some of the departure boards were working but I didn't look at those)

When the on board announcements came on I put my fingers in my ears so I couldn't hear them, I could have but I wanted to have the surprise of wondering where we ended up!

Staff at Bristol were excellent, helped me through the gate with the boarding pass so I couldnt see the destination on the ticket :)

Yes I did the skytrain end to end, there was a cost, it was free if you had a ticket to the viewing deck but as that was shut we paid for it, not a lot think it was only a couple of Euro's.

Couldn't do the Wuppertal one as it was shut

Established Member
I guess you won’t get much enthusiasm for aircraft photos on a rail forum, but they look good enough to me so thanks for taking the time to post them. Düsseldorf is a useful airport for Northern Germany and easy to use, although I usually take the S-bahn that links to the terminal rather than the monorail dangling thingy from the main line station.

DelW

Established Member
Oh, I see. You did well to get right to arrivals without accidentally finding out where you were. Usually when I'm trying to avoid a sports result so I can watch the highlights without knowing what's happened, someone blurts it out without realising.
Shame Wuppertal wasn't running, the first time I visited it coincided with a maintenance closure too. Well worth a visit if you're ever back in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.